|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Job Title||:||Global Funding & Reporting Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, January 15, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Friday, January 29, 2021|
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Position: Global Funding & Reporting Officer
About the job
• The main function of the GFRO is to increase the fundraising capacity and donor income of DCA’s Country Office in Ethiopia. The GFRO is the focal point and key person responsible for 1) timely proposal development – together with partner organizations, other INGO staff and DCA colleagues as well as with relevant departments of DCA HQ ensuring that proposals are of high quality and meet donor requirements, 2) ensuring appropriate grants management of international funded projects including ensuring the quality and timely submission of donor reports in collaboration with DCA colleagues, 3) assisting in building relations and increase visibility of DCA among both donors, private sector, partners, INGOs and other key stakeholders, 4) ensuring that all funded projects meet the visibility and communication requirements of the funding agency and 5) ensuring constructive and close collaboration with relevant units and colleagues in DCA, both in Ethiopia and in DCA in Copenhagen. 6) Develops funding strategy for DCA Ethiopia. Finally, the GFRO builds the competence of DCA staff and partners to do fundraising from international as well as country-based donors.
How to apply:
• DCA will offer the successful applicant a 24 month contract renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
• Deadline for applications is 29 January 2021. Interviews are expected to be held in mid February 2021. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the closing date. To apply use the following link: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/international-vacancies/global-funding-and-reporting-officer-gfro
• All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Women and minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Only online applications consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DCA’s Terms of Employment for national staff. A competitive package for salary, allowances and benefits is offered.
• Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
• To be successful in this role the ideal candidate has:
• A university degree in international development or other related sciences as well as minimum 2-3 years working experience, preferably internationally.
• Documented successful experience in proposal development and writing, incl. excellent English writing skills.
• Knowledge of grant management of international donors including EU, ECHO, UNHCR and other UN agencies, Danida and other institutional donors.
• Knowledge of and experience in working with the partners and the private sector.
• Enjoys and is good at liaison, building relations and networking.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with experience in engaging with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
• Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and good at coordinating and organizing own work as well as that of the team, while managing several processes at a time. This should be combined with a strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of DCA’s programmatic areas is an advantage.
• In addition to English, speaking and writing skills in Danish is a plus.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|