- Company: Plan International Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Advertising/Media Jobs in EthiopiaCommunications Jobs in Ethiopia
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Grant and Finance Manager to be based at Country Office.
Plan International Ethiopia is looking for a Grants and Finance Manager for a five-year project, “PlayMatters”, funded by the LEGO Foundation. This position will be a part of the larger PlayMatters initiative to increase play-based learning opportunities for nearly 1 million pre-primary and primary school aged refugee and host community children impacted by the humanitarian crises in East Africa and living in Ethiopia and Uganda. This project seeks to build children’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative skills through play in their homes, schools, and communities and will be implemented in partnership with War Child, Plan International, Ubongo, Behavioural Insights Team and Innovations for Poverty Action.
This role will drive strategic development for Plan International Ethiopia country strategy and lead the design, review and implementation of a corresponding Influencing and Advocacy strategies taking a cross organizational approach. The incumbent will deliver positive policy and legislative changes that lead to an improved environment for girls and young women. These in turn lead to the delivery of PIE’s Country Strategy and Plan’s Global Strategy. S/he will lead the development of key advocacy messages leveraging our influencing strength to mobilize support for change in Ethiopia.
MANAGEMENT SCOPE, REPORTING LINES, KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Direct reports – the position holder will directly manage Influencing Specialist, Graphic Designer and Web Administrator and Communication Coordinators including Campaigns
Matric Reports – the role will provide functional management to Influencing & Communication Officers at Program Area level
• Country Leadership/Management Team members
• Programme leadership, both development and humanitarian
• Internal technical networks as relevant
• Global and Regional functional and thematic leads
• Functional departments Heads at PIE
• Plan Inc. National Organizations
• Plan Inc. Liaison Offices
• Partners (i.e. different Government agencies at federal, state and local level)
• Senior contacts at corporate sector, UN, donors, embassies, INGOs, etc.
• Relevant global and regional forums
• Corporates and foundations in Ethiopia
• National and Local authorities
• Other INGOs and NGO forums
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
- Strategic leadership
- Strategic Communications and Reporting
- Advocacy & Influencing
- Capacity building and People Management
- Financial Management
Qualifications/ experience essential:
• Master’s degree in Communications, Advocacy or a related field with at least 10 years of experience in NGO sector, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively and authoritatively on area of expertise, and influence others to reach common goals.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships across a network.
• Sound understanding, or the ability to rapidly acquire it, of integrated development and humanitarian issues and critical analysis of child poverty.
• In-depth knowledge of child-rights programming, or the ability to rapidly acquire it.
• Demonstrated track record in driving change and enabling high performing teams, with the ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
• Knowledge of partnership and influencing processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support partners and counterparts.
• Solid understanding of gender equality integration in programs, people management, and office culture.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues at long distances.
• Excellent Written and oral communication skills in English, including presentation and public speaking.
• Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
• Solid experiences in resource mobilization with a variety of donors.
• Leadership analysis/coaching skills.
• Strong inter-personal skills in a multi-cultural environment.
• A proven track record in successfully mobilizing resources across a range of institutional donors.
• Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively and build high performing teams that work together to achieve goals.
• Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
• Demonstrated experience in using with success key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development.
• Experience in carrying out power, policy and political analysis to inform strategies and projects.
• Experience of working with coalitions and networks.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
• Ability to translate complex issues for a variety of audiences (e.g. general population and policy-makers).
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
• Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
• Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
• Ability to take the initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
• Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behavior, successes and failures.
• Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them