Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position:
Dexis is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Specialist to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The IT Specialist will provide technical support and assistance to project staff as needed, including supporting the functioning of all equipment and office operations. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Manage and maintain the network, including clients on the network. This includes computers, printers, scanners, and other equipment.
- Provide the initial specifications for all start-up IT needs to Home Office for the IT team to review for submission to USAID for approval.
- Maintain regular backups for the server and oversee routine maintenance.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventories and physical security of equipment.
- Manage all IT related equipment and software.
- Troubleshoot internet issues.
- Oversee IT training for staff.
- Provide guidance for staff on IT issues and how best to combat cyber-related attacks.
- Take proactive measures regarding data information security and protection of digital records.
- Maintain laptops, printers, phones, and all other devices that require tech support, software updates, and other configurations.
- Coordinate with the landlord to coordinate ICT improvements, installations, and other needs as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in an IT-focused role.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with maintaining a network and maintaining a server.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Experience with SharePoint online and Windows 10.
- Relevant certifications, such as Microsoft, CompTIA, and ITIL.
How to Apply
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.