|Company||:||Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization|
|Job Title||:||Initiative to Reduce Child Labor Proj. Coordinator|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Thursday, March 4, 2021|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
Organization: Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Dugda Children’s and Family Charitable Organization (Dugda CFCO ) is working in partnership with of ChildFund Ethiopia and USAID/ISHDO and would like to invite interested applicants for the following position
Position: Community Initiative to Reduce Child Labor Exploitation Project Coordinator
Location: Oromia East Shoa Meki
Employment Type: Full time
Report to: Dugda CFCO Executive director
Term of employment: One year with possible extension based on performance and Budget availability
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this position is to lead the implementation of the Community Initiative to reduce Child labor Exploitation and project at the office level and ensure support and linkages to the HTP and the other Programs. The post holder is responsible for the deliveries of results in line with pre-agreed program plans and objectives and oversees the implementation of the Project and contributes towards achieving the organization's program goal of improved Development mechanisms and community practices against harmful traditions and violence against children.
Project design, implementation, and reporting
• Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation; assess the outputs, outcomes, and impact of Community Initiative to reduce Child labor Exploitation project interventions and activities of Dugda CFCO.
• Oversee the overall process of project implementation.
• Coordinate the overall project initiatives in the operational area by supervising the Community Development Facilitators as well as volunteers
• Under the Executive director's leadership contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
• Ensure effective and efficient management of resources, including project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
• Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with another employee.
• Ensure quality, timely reporting, and documenting the best practice of the project To donor and respective government sectors - as needed.
• Ensure the project aligns with the standard child protection package, and mainstreams the other components such as Inclusion, DRR, and in another program area.
• Provide leadership in planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Community Initiative to reduce Child labor Exploitation project and policy implementation standards.
• Promote the participation of children and youth, persons with disabilities, and women in all matters affecting their lives.
• Regularly monitor and supervise the project activities in collaboration with community Development Workers, volunteers, and others.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Policy engagement and networking
• Establish and maintain a good relationship with relevant partners, including government agencies, employers’ and workers’ organizations, NGOs, and others active in the field of child labor and fundamental principles and rights at work.
• Commit to understand and implement the child safeguarding policy/procedure and code of conduct.
• Makes follow-up and proper documentation of plans, reports, success stories with respect to Community Initiative to reduce Child labor Exploitation project.
Partnership development and strengthening
Periodically collect information about other organizations working within project operational areas to gain institution knowledge of the environment.
• In support of the manager, manage the partnership in a holistic and reciprocal manner.
• Seeks opportunities for different kinds of partnerships for enhanced quality project implementation.
• Provide support to Community development facilitators, coaching for results, and support to the child development project as well as in their individual development and performance management.
• Facilitates communication and interaction between stakeholders /collaborators and other Program officers and finance team
How to Apply:
- Candidates who meet the above qualifications can apply in person to Dugda CFCO’s main office Block 03 Room 01 located at Meki town kebele 03 behind telecom or can send your updated CV and application letter to [email protected]
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
• BA/MA degree in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Social Work, Law, and related field.
• 6 years for BA degree and 4 years for MA degree holder’s relevant experience in community development preferably at least two years’ NGO experience in coordinating child protection. A higher level of degree is preferred
• Demonstrated experience in the management of Child Development projects.
- Fluent in speaking and writing the English language; working local language is also required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel,).
- Motor Bick driving License
• Knowledge of the designed project activities indicators and priorities.
• Ability to complete assignments in accordance with the instructions and directions.
• Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation.
• Ability to provide technical advice to first order in the field of child labor.
• Ability to integrate gender issues in programme and research.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
• The ability to work in a multicultural environment and gender-sensitive behavior and attitudes are also required.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|