Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organization working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life of dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works includes humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members, and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
Currently, DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent IT and Database Officer for its Field Office- Gambella. The IT and Database Officer will contribute to the successful management and lead the implementation of DCA Objective.
The IT & Database officer will be responsible to assist in daily activities necessary for the proper running and maintenance of the DCA Gambella office e-voucher database system and IT system. The IT and Database Officer will be responsible to provide continued assistance in the monitoring, organizing, and running of the database and IT services of the Gambella Field Office under close supervision of IT and Database Coordinator.
Routine assistance on management of E-Voucher database.
- Lead the encoding of beneficiary data in to the REDROSE Cash payment system.
- Assist in the data cleaning of beneficiary data processing.
- Assist in printing, activation of beneficiary e-voucher smartcards.
- Support in the documentation process of e-voucher management and beneficiary data.
- Handle complaints recorded by field officers and market facilitators.
- Conduct field level on spot support when needed.
- Ensure a strict synchronization schedule is followed and give support in the process.
- Monitor the use of mobile phones and ensure the readiness of mobile phones for use every day.
- Assist in designing, installing/configuring, administering, and maintaining of hardware and software related issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Assist staffs technically in operating MS office suite applications, proper usage of organizational ERP websites.
- Assist installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Assist in designing and installation of LAN networking activities.
- S upport digital survey undertakings
- smartphones/tabels troubleshooting.
- Generate reports of support activities
- Undertake any other task as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or the office.
Vacancy Number: DCA-ET/VA- 016/2022
Type of Contract : One year Contract with possibility of extension
Reporting to: IT and Database Coordinator
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Required Skill and Qualification
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, and related information management fields.
- At least more than 2 years of relevant experience in database management.
- proven working experience in data cleaning, data analysis using advanced Excel features.
- Proven experience in providing IT support services
- Preferred experience working with refugee beneficiary related data management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.