- Company: Alvima Food Complex PLC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: – adamaOromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
Working closely with the IT Manager, the IT department, Technology Support Technician plays a vital role in supporting the IT system goals of the company. They work closely with Staff and System users on a daily basis helping to manage access to various computer technology and desktop support systems. The IT Desktop support Technician are vital to the IT workforce, as they keep the technologies that organizations rely on to do business up-to-date and running smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate will be responsible of supporting the operations of IT and IT infrastructure of the company.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Clean up computers and Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- The candidate is expected to have experience in setting up, operating, and maintaining a Windows server and Desktop infrastructure.
- The candidate is expected to develop plans for maintenance, data backup and recovery, system repairs and configuration changes.
- The candidate is expected to have an experience in setting up, operating, and maintaining a SQL server 2016.
- The candidate is expected to have an experience in design, development and maintaining of a website.
- The IT Technician will be responsible for daily maintenance and assuring operations of the company, including installation and troubleshooting of all software and hardware equipment’s of the company.
- The candidate is expected to have an experience in Network design, installation and maintenance.
- The candidate is expected to monitor and test hardware and configurations to ensure optimal performance per established objectives.
- The candidate is expected to respond sensitively to questions and complaints from staff and maintain confidentiality
- The candidate is expected to have an experience in application administration.
- The candidate has an interest in learning and updating himself with new technologies required by the organization.
- It is an advantage If IT technician has an experience or knowledge on ERP MS NAV 2017
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with direction from IT Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting prowess. Ability to critically analyze a symptom, diagnose a fault, plan and take appropriate action on equipment including PCs, printers, multifunction copiers, sound boards, lighting equipment and networking etc. Knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures.
- Microsoft Active Directory skills including creating, deleting and modifying user accounts, setting up e-mail, home and directories
- BSC Degree in Computer science.
- Minimum of two years in an IT support technician role.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Active Directory is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply in person at Alvima Foods Plc Addiss Ababa office (Bole Medhaniyalem Hedmona Building, 4 th floor office no. 405) or Adama office ( kebele Melka Adama in front of Tegem Food Complex) or through e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) having summited a copy of non – returnable CV, education credentials and service certificates until 22 th May/2019.
For additional information call: +251228128888 and +251116392511