The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of IT Support Specialist .
Required number: One
Reports to: ICT, Statistics and GIS Manager, NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration : 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
Under the direct support of the ICT Manager, the IT support will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults, installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners, . S/he will also assist Management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and will respond to all computer and system related concerns from clients or other employees.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from clients or other employees
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Compile and Organize documents pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware
- Maintain a working log detailing all required system updates, as well as the date of completion;
- Resolve technical issues related to network interruptions;
- Replace parts as required
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Following instructions, either written or in diagram form, in order to set up a system or fix a fault.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology or related field of study
- A+ and Cisco certification is an advantage
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a company' s products and services
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines
- An ability to priorities and delegate
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Not being a member of any political party
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.