Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Leadership/Executive Support Coordinator for Country Office who will be reporting to the Country Director.
Dimensions of the Role
- Reporting directly to the Country Director, the Leadership/Executive Support Coordinator provides executive support primarily to the Country Director and to the Leadership Team and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Country Director.
- The Leadership/Executive Support Coordinator also organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects Like the Innovation Initiatives.
- The Leadership/Executive Support Coordinator must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and Customer oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Leadership/ Executive Support Coordinator will have the Accountabilities, Roles and Responsibilities to:
- Ensure execution and continuity of the CD’s various initiatives by providing comprehensive administrative and operational support creating efficiency and aiding smooth operation across the range of his work and oversee execution of others as directed by the CD.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Leadership Team including assisting in scheduling Meetings and attending all meetings; taking minutes; following up action points; Assists in coordinating the agenda of the leadership team and Extended Leadership team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings; Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all leadership team members.
- Plan, manage, record and follow-up action items of the Leadership Team and Extended Leadership Team meetings to ensure execution and continuity. Follow-up the status of agreed action points between the CD, Leadership team and relevant stakeholders and timely up-date the CD by liaising with all the leadership team and stakeholders on behalf of the CD on matters to realize the CD’s direction and aspirations are implemented. Address and provide effective referral service to inquiries. Enforce necessary decisions in consultation with/under the direction of the CD.
- Provide efficient support to the CD and the leadership team by planning and recording regular and extraordinary Leadership Team and Extended Leadership Team meetings, safeguarded and circulate documents and ensure continuity of the leadership team and extended leadership team ventures with full ownership.
- Provide the required day-to-day support to the CD and facilitate his itinerary by proactively managing his calendar along with prioritizing his work and managing travels with minimal supervision to ensure ultimate productivity and utilization of CD’s time coupled with tracking changes and updating the CD’s office Dash Board.
- Work independently, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion: including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling strategic position papers and other documents for decision making.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CD’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CD's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CD, with Leadership team, external stakeholders, PIE staff, and others, on matters related to CD’s informed decisions and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CD, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides as a bridge for smooth communication between the CD’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with Leadership staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CD updated.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CD’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Be responsible for following up on all legal cases and matters with legal advisor in close consultation with the CD.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Work with the Country Director and the Leadership Team supporting them in the Strategic Innovation Initiatives coordinating the selected researches on Critical Barriers and its implementations and piloting using the Innovation funds.
- Follow up on contacts made by the Country Director and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships; Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
- Maintain professional office demeanor and proactively arrange for replenishment of offices supplies and maintenance of equipment in country director’s offices.
- Ensures that the Country Director bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the Country Director and the organization in general.
- Manage, equip and supervise CD’s Office supporting staff.
- Organize, safeguard and avail the Organization contracts, licenses and other central documents under the CD’s office.
- Manage CD’s Office expenses by handling replenished monthly petty cash.
- Support the Country Director on other related and appropriate tasks as may be directed from time to time and undertake any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post and as directed by the CD
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Degree in Business Administration; Project Management; Development Studies from a recognized University/College with 5 years’ experience
- Great interest as well as experience, in providing executive support management to Country Directors, CEOs or Senior Managers an international business, international INGO or United Nations.
- Ability to absorb and understand a wide range of information concerning the functions of the organization.
- Effective oral and written presentational skills including the ability to prepare and deliver professional business communication and programme presentations in the English Language.
- Proficiency in Computer software Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook and Internet.
- Evidence of success in building and forming effective working relationships, and working flexibly, across professional and operational boundaries;
- Good self-confidence, high level of initiative, proactive and detail oriented.
- Ability to work calmly under great pressure and to prioritize between conflicting demands.
- Good knowledge of programme activities and be team work oriented
- Willing to travel frequently within Ethiopia to support CD and the leadership team
- Good knowledge of and experience in working with in UN, NGO and INGOs.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is July 22, 2019 . Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
· Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
· Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.