The Logistics & Procurement Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all country office resources and support personnel for optimal operating capacity. Additionally, the Logistics & Procurement Manager will provide strategic oversight and leadership to the country office in the areas of logistics and procurement.
- Support continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information between field sites and the operations department.
- Manage the entire process in the planning of commodities procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control. Logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery of commodities using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
- Maintain and compile a contact management system, ensuring staff are transferring contacts during transitions.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission such as report management and information flow.
- Provide support to the Country Office in ensuring information flows, advice and support on operations issues related to the Office.
- Supervise the implementation of national and international logistics, and supply chain systems.
- Analyze and develop a transitional plan to centralize all logistics and supply chain functions through country office.
- Develop and oversee national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of program resources.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that the prices paid for commodities are in line with local market prices.
- Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system She/he will maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s supplies
- Manage vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract this includes ensuring that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure that the project continues to receive uninterrupted services at all times.
- Manage and improve a countrywide procurement system.
- Enforce and uphold donor and SP regulations for procurement as well as best practices for operations.
- Conduct price audits to keep procurement staff accountable.
- Manage the country wide inventory systems.
- Create and establish a unified inventory system.
- Ensure inventory storage tracking and distribution is occurring efficiently with accountability at all field sites.
- Implement an effective asset management system.
- Work with all field sites to establish and keep track of all SP assets and liabilities.
- Produce timely inventory reports to SP IHQ.
- Enforce SP procedures regarding contracted service. In addition, provide frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress
- Maintain network and awareness of local and national laws and ensure organizational adherence.
- Network and promote relationships for accessing and sharing knowledge within the region on operations matters.
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Education / Experience Needed
- B.A. degree in business administration, public administration, logistics, supply chain management or related field.
- 5 years of proven relevant progressively responsible work experience in administration, operational management, and/or office- base management, preferably with an INGO.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
- Experience in establishing systems and policies for asset management, real time inventory and procurement for multimillion-dollar projects.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, stakeholders, clients and consultants.
- Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, power point, and electronic mail
- Field experience and knowledge of the Region is a strong asset.
- Work experience in Logistics and Procurement in an NGO setting.
- Fluency in English and Amharic required
How to ApplyInterested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages) and application letter (one Page only) no later than April 9,2021 to [email protected] . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Logistics and Procurement Manager "