Purpose of the position:
The MEAL Coordinator is responsible to coordinate and manage the Right to Grow (R2G) project baseline, mid-review and end line surveys, need and gap assessments, landscape analysis and regular and ad hoc review meetings/workshops, documenting the accountability and learnings, and prepare and share reporting across the five-consortium member partners based at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, World Vision Ethiopia Head Office.
Tool development, monitor, documentation and share of learnings on the R2G consortium project interventions are the major roles of the position across member partners at National and Regional levels aimed to all children under five well-nourished through decision makers jointly and effectively address undernutrition in a multi-sectoral, gender-sensitive and inclusive way.
Major Responsibilities :
Consortium Project monitoring, coordination and liaison
· guide the entire planning and budgeting process i.e prepares tools and templates, along with other teams prepare guidance, lead plan review, support plan and budget submission process
· Prepare/develop baseline, mid-review and end-line surveys; need and gap assessments, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) landscape analysis tools across the consortium partners to prevent duplication of efforts and maintain smooth partnership;
· Coordinate baseline, mid-review and end-line surveys; need and gap assessments, Civil Society Organizations CSOs landscape analysis and regular and ad hoc meetings and workshops across the consortium partners and WVE at all levels;
· Liaison with country consortium partners MEAL unit and Global Steering committee MEAL for better partnership and accountability
· Establish functional relationship and integration with WVE AP managers, MEAL Officers and Nutrition Officers and I-WASH Officers to collect data and lessons and best experiences at field level;
· Ensure the quarterly, biannual and annual country consortium steering committee and general assembly meetings/workshops undertaken as required to pace forward to the desired goal,
· Lead the regular joint monitoring and field visits with country and or global consortium partners and local and international donors;
· Develop a 4Ws matrix tool and update it regularly for better coordination, integration and advocacy as WVE lead organization for the consortium;
· Liaison the country consortium with national level nutrition and WASH information management and research institutions like NIPN, EPHI and IFPRI and others;
· Develop event calendars, document events, held minutes and agendas, send reminders and share reports across country consortium partners;
· Coordinate follow up and support the preparation of annual work plan and report by WVE and consortium partners,
· Promote and encourage a collaborative and respectful working culture both in WVE and between country consortium partners including bilateral and multi-lateral partnership;
· Develop community feedback mechanisms and conflict sensitivity tool according to WV policy and monitor, document and share timely;
Technical support and guidance
· Engage with and provide technical guidance to WVE R2G project and consortium partners for surveys, need and gap assessments and landscape analysis;
· Develop survey and assessment ToRs for hiring consultant together with the R2G project managers and technical staffs including partners whenever appropriate;
· Provide full technical support on scenario development, best experience and evidence generation with field staffs for further advocacy and communication;
· Provide full technical guidance on data collection, analysis and write up with consultants and global SO;
· Evaluate the MEAL system, structure and process and report for future intervention
· Oversee monitoring of programs/ projects in accordance with the consortium MEAL related policy, procedures, standards, donor requirement and provide guidance for other consortium members
· Lead preparation and submission of semi-annual and annual program management reports based on donors need,
· Guide report review process and ensure reporting quality,
· Lead and prepare annual report for CSO of Ethiopia,
Capacity building and knowledge management
· Build the monitoring capacity of field staffs on establishment and functionality of CVA taskforces at Kebele and Woreda levels
· Train R2G project field staffs on how to handle and report community feedbacks, grievances and conflict sensitivity;
· Manage, document and share knowledge generated throughout the R2G project period;
· Capacitate and or facilitate consortium partners and WVE staffs on accountability and knowledge management;
· Coordinate and engage in preparation of knowledge sharing platforms to consortium partners and leaders and other NGOs, GOs,
· Facilitate capacity building training and co-learnings
· Work closely with Area Program (AP) management and staff in assessment and identification of appropriate technologies, and engage in promoting and dissemination of knowledge;
· Lead to identifying, analysis, document and share knowledge and learnings generated from the consortium partners and WVE itself.
· Develop a system of documentation and disseminating lessons learned within and outside the consortium, publish and disseminate best practices
· Provide information to senior management where monitoring and evaluation findings have implications for policy and program development and improvement.
Networking and advocacy
· Network with relevant government offices, FBO and CBO in the projects area to expedite project implementation and facilitate experience sharing within and outside the area
· Follow and update partners mapping tool and establish networks with NGOs, GOs and CSOs coordination platforms for advocacy
· Generate articles and prepare advocacy statements based on findings generated from CVA taskforces, research institutes and other evidence platforms together with R2G technical staffs and consortium partners for advocacy;
· Create a discussion forum between consortium partners, regional/zonal/district level government representatives, and CSOs existing best nutrition and WASH practices and policies;
Administration, Project/program quality and accountability measure
· Administer MEAL related tools, feedbacks and complain during surveys, assessments and knowledge management in R2G project;
· Manage overall project financial and activity implementation to ensure Prepare and submit high-quality regular progress reports for WV and the donor
· Measures program/project performance quality by adopting or developing program quality review tools.
· Measures advocacy and accountability actions undertaken by the project, analyses and disseminate the findings
· MSc./MPH in project management, and or M&E, and or statistics
· 3 years and above MSc./MPH experience in project management, M&E and or Information and Knowledge management; should have experience in M&E, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and report write up, scientific forum organizing and facilitation especially in Nutrition and WASH.
· Nutrition and WASH Data management, M&E tool development, project designing and development of MEAL plan and Work plan.
Working Environment / Conditions:
· The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 60 % of the time.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies