Purpose of the position:
Area Program Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer’s primary responsibility will be undertaking regular field level activities monitoring together with respective technical project specialists, providing inputs for programs design, facilitating accountability and feedback mechanisms at AP level and participating in projects and program evaluations. S/he will be responsible for AP level planning and budgeting processes together with the AP team, monitoring and reporting. S/he will support in concept papers and proposals development, programs design as well as evaluation. S/he will be responsible for AP level documentation of learnings and best practices and sharing of the best and promising practices. S/he will be responsible for compiling rolling out program and social accountability mechanisms at the AP level, compiling and analyzing feedbacks from communities and stakeholders and supporting the AP manager and technical specialist. S/he will be responsible for timely tracking of project implementation, gathering data regularly, analyzing and synthesizing the data and preparing regular AP level updates.
- Programs development & planning : - by closely working with the AP manager, facilitates and prepares annual plans and budgets through closely working with sectoral officers, finance and sponsorship team. Participates in program and projects design for the AP irrespective of funding sources and ensures proper implementation of DME policy in the AP by working closely with technical project officers using the LEAP approach, DPA, HORIZON and other strategic initiatives using centrally shared materials, procedures and tools. Identifies and contextualizes key indicators from the National Standard TPs including CWB target indicators that relate to program objectives and activities. Moreover provide inputs concept notes and proposals development as deemed necessary;
- Monitoring and reporting : - Undertakes all projects’ and programs’ monitoring and reporting including AMR, SAR and other reports using set performance indicators irrespective of funding sources by working closely with sector technical Officers using appropriate monitoring and reporting tools and methodologies as required by respective stakeholders in a participatory approaches as required. S/he maintains detailed schedules of activity and budget implementation tracking systems for activities monitoring and budget utilization for each project. Uses appropriate data management systems, analyses data, aggregates data to the required level and synthesis results for report writing using appropriate and relevant tools. Use WV systems and procedures including HORIZON and other NO’s established protocols.
- Programs and Projects Evaluation : - With guidance from the AP manager, facilitates all projects’ and programs’ evaluations within the AP operational area by liaising with MEAL Department, Support Service Division (SSD) at NO, concerned project manager and the CPO irrespective of sector or sources of funding. S/he ensures proper coordination with respective stakeholders including the woreda government offices and participation of targeted local communities as required. Ensure evaluation reports are shared with concerned stakeholder in the operational area for learning and future use.
- Accountability : - With guidance from the AP manager, facilitates rolling out social and program accountability frameworks and establishment of feedback mechanisms from beneficiary communities in AP. Document learning and share best and promising practices within the AP as well as across the organization.
- Surveys and assessments : - With guidance from the AP manager and concerned units from NO, RO or CPO, facilitates surveys and assessments following set standards and guidelines using prescribed tools and techniques Participates and facilitates in developing sampling frames, community mobilization, recruitment and orientation of enumerators, actual data collection and verification processes. Internalizes survey and assessment methodologies and standard tools meant for the study in gathering qualitative and quantitative data, participate in field testing of the tools to ensure relevance of the questionnaire or tools to the local area to generate the required data with accuracy.
- Networking and Collaborate with Partners : - S/he support the AP manager in networking and collaboration with partners at woreda governments and communities level together with sectoral project officers. S/he will identify key users of the information sharing and facilitate comprehensive scoping for discussions with key stakeholders in the woreda. S/he review critical findings from monitoring, evaluation and various survey reports for sharing with concerned stakeholders in the woreda for shared understanding, smooth operation and promotion of cooperation.
- Other assignments:- Undertakes other assignments given from the AP Manager relevant to the role and the AP
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Qualification required: BA/BSc Degree in Social sciences, Development Studies and related fields.
- Experience: three years in relevant field and NGOs experience is preferred
- Preferred: MA/MSc/MBA/MSW or BA/BSc Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies and related fields
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 50 % to field sites and occasional travel to national office.
- On call: 15%
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from ) and email by stating the position you are applying on the subject line of your email on or before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] and or via .
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply with world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.
Note: We do not receive hard copies