The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Mechanic , based in Jigjiga.
Repairs and maintains ICRC vehicles, generators & other logistic assets mainly independently
Strictly follows safety instructions in carrying out routine works
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carries out repairs on trucks, light vehicles, generators, forklifts and other ICRC mechanical equipment and takes part in welding, body repairs and painting as required.
• Carries out preventative maintenance on ICRC vehicles, pumps and generators, to internal and/or the manufacturer's specifications.
• Ensures that all service and repair forms are correctly filled out and forwarded for all jobs carried out.
• Ensures that spare parts and consumables stocks are kept at the agreed levels; takes part in placing orders for spare parts and equipment as required.
• Ensures that technical and personal security standards are followed as regards their work.
• Assists with fuelling and cleaning vehicles where required.
• Is responsible for tools or other property issued to them by the ICRC.
• Actively assists in keeping inventory for the workshop and its stores as required.
• Supervises, trains and coaches the Mechanic's Helper.
§ Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
§ Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
§ Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
§ Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
§ Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
§ Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
§ Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
§ May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Minimum required knowledge & experience :
• Technical school diploma or equivalent experience.
• Good oral skills and basic reading and writing skills in English.
• Good computer skills.
• Driving license Grade III or equivalent
• Driving license IV and above is an asset
Professional Experience required
- Three years' work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of welding and electricity is an asset
- Experience working with generators is an asset
- Very good knowledge of the local area and integration into a professional network.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church)/ICRC Sub – delegation in Jigjiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: June 22,2019
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.