- § Support development and implementation of new network infrastructure projects and installation of network cables, hardware, software and other peripherals.
- § Plan, design, install and administer Datacenter Infrastructure
- § Configure network software and ensure the network operates securely;
- § Identify and eliminating bottlenecks to ensure long-term network efficiency.
- § Manage and provide technical support to LAN, VPN and WAN and hardware devices
- § Implement approved Network changes in accordance with applicable procedures
- § Troubleshoot network, hardware and operating system problems;
- § Installs new software, and maintains Internet software and accounts;
- § Provide technical support to co-workers.
- § Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation and removal.
- § Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- § Write technical specifications for purchase of networking, hardware products.
- § Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, preventive maintenance, upgrades, and repairs.
- § Conducts staff training on use of software, hardware, network and peripherals
- § Create, publish and maintain up to date and accurate Network documentation
- § Maintain positive work habits;
- § Quickly learn new technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- § Be self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team.
- § Work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- § Performs duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor(s) and Project Manager
1. Core and Functional Competencies
- Shares knowledge/experience to promote Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing;
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills;
- Superior knowledge of various networking technologies.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- identifies innovative approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms;
· Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Desire and aptitude for customer support.
2. Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must possess BSc degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
3. Work Experience:
At least 5 years of practical experience in directly related positions with the following lists;
§ Planning, designing, installing and administering Datacenter Infrastructure.
§ Experience in supporting development/implementation of new network infrastructure projects and installation of network cables, hardware, software and other peripherals.
§ Manage and provide technical support to LAN, VPN and WAN and hardware devices
§ Experience in Windows Server platforms for (Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, FTP, DFS, Hyper-V Cluster) and Virtualization,
§ Installing, configuring and administering RedHat Enterprise Linux Servers ;
4. The following is an Added Advantage
- A history of installing and administering Data Centers and Network Infrastructure and Virtualization in a successful ERP Implementation projects.
International Certification in CISCO, Microsoft Professionals and Storage are prioritized;
How to Apply