Internal/External Vacancy #145/2019
GIZ- Training/Job Partnership and Promotion of the Medium size Enterprises in Ethiopia
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
We have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. Of our 18,260 employees in some 120 countries, almost 70 per cent are national personnel working in the field.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards with regard to transparency and accountability. German and European values are central to our work. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments benefit from our services, too.
In Ethiopia GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years jointly with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Further programmes enhance the development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies
“The Programme Training/Job Partnerships and Support to the Middle-size Enterprises” is a program that has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in December 2018 until November 2021 (three years) and it is the first project phase under the special initiatives of the German Development Cooperation.
The aim is that “Enterprises in selected sectors are showing employment growth” and the programme has the following areas of intervention:
1) Capacity Development of the Ethiopian Medium Size Enterprises;
2) Improvement of the employment conditions for sustainable job creation and employment-related growth of the production in the industrial parks;
3) Creation of conducive environment for cooperation between Ethiopian and international companies.
The program thereby acts as a facilitator between the project partner, German Development Cooperation and relevant stakeholders and therefore uses appropriate learning formats to promote networking and the sharing of knowledge among partners.
Position : Office Manager
Place of Work : Addis Ababa
Required Candidate: One
Application deadline: September 08,2019
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Assisting the program/project staffs (SI, eTex, NatuReS and DPP) in administrative and technical tasks;
- Maintaining overall good flow of information to and from the program/project staffs;
- Coordinating workshops, meetings, communication with different partners and stakeholders.
Within this context, s/he fulfils the following tasks:
- Prepares, organizes and minute internal meetings, workshops, trainings, etc.
- Facilitates information exchange between the project/programme staffs, work partners and other institutions.
- Assists in setting up meetings with internal and external partners, prepare documents for those.
- Makes travel arrangements and administrative follow-up in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Assists the Programme staffs with filing system and Document Management System (DMS) according to GIZ rules and regulations in cooperation with the relevant programme officer.
- Books flights for duty trips of all colleagues.
- Takes care of workshop related issues (organizing, support experts during the workshop, organizing payments etc.).
- Assists concerning procurement and contract matters.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and tasks, as assigned.
- Organize the drivers for all trips
- Filling fuel management and checking logbooks
Required qualifications, competencies and experiences
- Minimum B.A. in Administration or Economics
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Good command of English
- Thorough knowledge of GIZ-instruments and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Amharic and English in writing and speaking
- Knowledge of GIZ rules and regulations or willingness to acquire this knowledge
- Team-spirit, friendly and cooperative attitude
How to Apply
Application procedure :
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email : email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘ Office Manager #145/2019 ’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.