Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Officer – Supplier Qualification and Optimization in Supply Chain Management within Finance function in Ethiopia . In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Managing Executive - SCM & Logistics , this role encompasses the overall recruitment and vetting of suppliers to create a database of suppliers that can effectively meet the company’s business requirements whilst ensuring adequate risk management
Supplier Vetting and Qualification
- Vetting and qualification of suppliers
- Maintaining of the supplier database
- Create and manage supplier risk register
Supplier Development Programmes
- Analysis and identification of gaps in supplier base
- Recruitment of suppliers to fill the gap
- Development of suppliers in line with agreed targets
Supplier prospecting and recruitment
- Analysze categories and determine gaps in supply base
- Reach out widely through media and attract prospective suppliers
Supplier Risk Management
- Log identified supplier risks into the rsik register
- Actively follow up for resolution of risks
- Create systems to ensure timely review of suppliers
- Coordinate review of supplier performance
- Coordinate contractually orderly separation with suppliers when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical Field or Equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Function especially in Procurement
- Additional professional qualification in Supply Chain will also be considered e.g. CSCP, CIPS, CILT
- Computer literate, proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then Click on the apply button .
Remember to attach your resume.