|Company||:||Ethiopian Statistical Association|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Statistical Association|
|Job Title||:||Online Journal Submission & Tracking System Devel.|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Thursday, September 9, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Friday, September 24, 2021|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
Company: Ethiopian Statistical Association
Position: Website and Online Journal Submission and Tracking System Developer
The Ethiopian Statistical Association (ESA) is a professional association that is legally registered under the agency of the civil society organization of Ethiopia with registration number 0657. It is a national, autonomous, and non-profit making organization established on April 8, 1990, which represents the statistical society in the country. Currently, the association is looking for a website and online journal submission and tracking system developer to be responsible for the coding, creating the design and layout of a new website and journal submission and tracking platform of the association.
Responsibilities of website and journal submission and tracking developer:
The duties include entire aspects of creating a website. His/her responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
• Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices and editing content
• Develop technical requirements in consultation with the association
• Create website layout or user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
• Creating backup files and solving code problems
• Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Create and maintain software documentation
• maintaining, expanding, keeping, and scaling the site of the association
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies or industry trends and applies them to operations and activities.
How to Apply
• An applicant can submit his/her application for both positions (website and journal submission and tracking system developer) but the application should be submitted independently.
• Interested and qualified applicants should send their application letter, detailed CV, previous work experiences, technical and financial proposals in one PDF file to an email: [email protected] by stating the position in the subject line of the email.
• Application deadline: September 24, 2021.
• Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• At least bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or related fields.
• Minimum of 1year of professional experience in website development.
• A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
• Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and web application development
• Proven working experience in web designing
• Familiarity with programming languages
• Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
• Basic knowledge of the Search Engine Optimization process
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
• Fluency in oral and written in English is mandatory.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||N/A|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||N/A|