- Company: Technoserve
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Development and Project ManagementSocial Science/Community
The partnership portfolio officer will provide professional technical, operational, and administrative assistance through managing ChildFund’s portfolio of in-country partners. He/she will be responsible for identifying, developing, maintaining, and evaluating strategic partnerships and collaborations with multiple stakeholders including technical partners, resource partners, policy change/advocacy partners, beneficiary partners, and others to scale ChildFund’s impact, and aligned with the country strategic plan (CSP). He/she will support the partners’ team members to develop specific program/project portfolio management, risk management, and overall asset allocation from ChildFund.
- Partnership Portfolio Management – Achieves the development and maintenance of a strong Partnership portfolio with an effective mix of different partner types that can maximize the impact delivered by our program strategies, models, and specific interventions. Portfolio should include partners that are competent for undertaking work related to program and sponsorship implementation. advocacy, research, resource mobilization, technical, and operational and administrative support.
- Partnership Life Cycle Management – Responsible for the effective management of the Partnership life cycle encompassing selection of partners; development of relationships; implementation of high quality, appropriate program interventions; monitoring of ongoing work; and transition or closure of formal relations
- Partner Capacity Enhancement – Strong partnership portfolio is assured by conducting a partner assessment and then supporting partners in developing and implementing action plans directed at enhancing the capacities of their own organization, as well as identifying their potential role in the overall portfolio.
- Partner Performance -Accountable for the management of partner performance on agreed program activities, evaluating their alignment with approved proposals, budgets, and technical quality standards.
- Representation, Advocacy and Networking – Builds and manages relationships with government, foundations development organizations, corporations, local authorities, and the public to increase ChildFund’s visibility, profile, and credibility Identifies and pursues opportunities for new collaborations and/or partnerships.
- Grant Acquisition and Management – identifies priority partners for grant and other resource mobilization opportunities, develops teaming and sub-award agreements, and manages partner performance on grants.
- Knowledge management and learning: Develop learning and knowledge products, as it relates to partnership portfolio management, that meet standards and enable organization-wide learning and sharing by documenting approaches, project and program designs and lessons, case studies and other knowledge products. Seek and leverage existing knowledge products to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Child Safeguarding: Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy. Assist partners adopt and rollout out their own Child Safeguarding policies and processes.
- The Partnership Portfolio Officer can draw on the support of global team members in the development of his/her responsibilities. Preferably these global team members provide input into recruitment, performance planning and evaluation. The primary global team members for this position will be:
- Program and Partnership: Strategic Support for Program Delivery and Partnership Director
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Employment Type: Full Time (Open Ended)
Childfund Work Location: Addis Ababa – Bole, Ethiopia
Childfund Division: Programs and Partnerships (P&P)
ChildFund Department: Partnerships
Div./Dept: Global Operations
Location: Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Partnership Portfolio Specialists
- 4+ years specialized experience managing partnerships and development programs to support community development, preferably in a technical area, community development and/or child-focused programming. Experience in DRR and emergency or humanitarian response is highly desirable.
- Excellent and proven experience in strategic planning and ability to effectively articulate strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent demonstrated analytical skills in the field of external and public relations, networking, negotiating, and understanding of different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective personal and organizational relationships
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social, and political issues.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in project, budget, and resource management, and managing a diverse team in a complex work setting.
- Computer proficiency in general office software (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- English proficiency (Officer level)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in community development/social science discipline. Equivalent relevant work experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree.