The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees required to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing coordinated, community-managed programs sought at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
- With the supervision of the senior EH Officer, the Plumber will be responsible for the installation of water supply system pipes, fittings and make sure accurate anchorage of the pipelines.
- The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a main technical focal point for activities related to pipe and fittings installed on the water supply systems including pipes at distribution network, reservoirs, generator/pump station, and at tap stands.
- Assist the officers to prepare detailed specification including item description, and quantity of pipes, fittings vital to install the water supply systems.
- Assist the water technician officer to install pumps and generators.
- Install and ensure accurate operation of valves and fittings at pressure line, distribution systems, tap stands, and water storage tanks;
- Keep records of used/installed pipes, fittings, and other materials and report to the EHO & WTO.
- Prepare progress reports and keep update to the supervisor.
- Ensure distribution and pressure pipes are accurately laid and covered with soil as per desired and standard depths.
- Ensure that the pipes are anchored on the hard proven ground surface, and gorges with accurate alignment and level;
- Ensure the construction of valve chambers for valves and branches (isolating valves, water meters, and branches at ground level).
- Any additional duty assigned by the supervisor.
- 1 year of experience for TVET graduate in Plumbing and 2 years of related work experience for high school graduates.