Internal and External
Hope for Children Organization Australia Ltd (HFC-Aus) is a foreign charity registered under Ethiopian federal law that focused on Better Life for Children through Community Based Care and Support of Vulnerable Children in Addis Ababa. HFC-Aus envisions empowered children and communities breaking the cycle of poverty through contributing to sustainable solutions and social development.
Currently, we are looking for a strong caliber to join our team and foster a healthy learning environment.
If you meet these requirements and you’re passionate, dedicated and ambitious about a leadership role in education, we’d like to meet you and HFC-Aus is an excellent place to grow your career. Don't hesitate to apply.
Purpose of the job:
- The primary responsibilities will be to supervise our staff and oversee day-to-day school operations.
- To succeed in this role, you should be able to make quick decisions under pressure and have a comprehensive understanding of the national education system and its regulations. Excellent communication and organizational abilities are also important skills you should demonstrate as a principal.
- You must ensure that the school is operating efficiently by overseeing staff and student culture. The Principal will implement a continuous school improvement program and ensure teaching and support staff are trained and supported and appraised.
- You will also develop policies and procedures for the smooth running of school operations and will consistently enforce the guidelines.
M ain Responsibilities
- Provide educational leadership resulting in programmes consistent with the vision and mission of the School of St Yared and HFC
- Ensure continued development and strengthening of the school curriculum and assessment planning with the highest quality.
- Develop and maintain a strong and effective partnership between parents and staff for the benefit of students’ learning.
- Ensure effective staff development, deployment, appraisal, and pastoral support.
- Write periodic reports at a quality standard that reflect education and financial progress and outline infrastructure and resource needs and updates.
- Submit timely reports to the concerned bodies as required.
- Manage the budget utilization and report the financial operation of the school.
- Conduct weekly/biweekly meeting and share the concerns, progress of the team, and supports needed by the team on the weekly Management meeting of HFC.
- Facilitate regular meetings with parents and students and promote information flow, teamwork, transparency, cohesion, and harmony within the school.
- Ensure all students are adequately informed of all academic requirements.
- Present the school performance to the senior management including the board of directors.
- Set learning goals for the team, help the team to maximize their teaching potential and monitor the performance.
- Develop tracking benchmarks for measuring the school success.
- Lead by example, follow the policies of the organization, make sure the child protection and code of conducts are always implemented in the compound and enforce discipline when necessary.
- Provide an atmosphere free of any bias in which students can achieve their maximum potential.
- Represent the School of St Yared in all forums in the best interest of the school and its community.
- Communicate regularly and liaise with community leaders, Ministry of Education and all other relevant government and non-government organisations as they affect the school’s activities.
- Maximize opportunities to access government programmes and resources.
- Report to and deal with government authorities as required.
- At every opportunity promote the educational activities and programmes of HFC-Aus
- Meet with parents and administrators on a regular basis for problem resolution.
- Ensure regular communication between SSY and supporters/donors
- Work with the Head of departments to initiate, supervise and coordinate curriculum development and planning for the school ensuring the needs of students, government requirements are met and are in accordance with HFC-Aus policies and practice.
- Develop and review procedures for educational programmes.
- Ensure that all HFC-Aus policies and procedures, academic policies and curriculums are implemented.
- Manage and develop School schedules, timetables and procedures as needed.
- Create a positive learning environment for the students
- Ensure staffing is adequate to meet the teaching, administrative and maintenance needs of the school within its capacity and as determined by HFC-Aus.
- Ensure staffs are cohesive and act in accordance with the values of HFC-Aus and the School community.
- Implement adequate induction and ongoing support for all School staff.
- Manage human resource issues of school staff, in conjunction with the HR team including appraisals/reviews, professional development and training.
- Evaluate teachers and other staff members to ensure that the standardized curriculum is adhered to and identify areas of improvement.
- Manage and be accountable for financial operations of the school
- Assist in development of annual budget.
- Write periodic reports to Head Office management at a quality standard that reflect education and financial progress and outline infrastructure and resource needs and updates.
- Provide any information as required by government bodies and Head Office
- Advise Head Office management in relation to programs in the school and the requirement of those programs in terms of educational materials and teaching staff.
- Assist in strategic and business planning for the effective operation of the school
- Develop Annual Plans for the School.
- Provide advice about the school’s operations including staffing requirements or any other information as is necessary or required.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment for students (e.g. implementing hygiene rules)
- Oversee the implementation of curriculum and quality of the education provided at the School.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of high-quality educational programmes.
- Attend conferences to gain knowledge on current educational trends.
- BSc or master’s degree in education, A teaching License is a Must.
- 8-10 years’ experience as a principal or vice principal or similar role.
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills with a great presentation skill preferred.
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Coursework in conflict and crisis management.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to coach and inspire
- Classroom teacher experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the MINUMUM requirement shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV and credentials via Email: [email protected]
Note: -Please make sure you mention the vacancy title and attach application (motivation) letter, and updated CV. Applications without these will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Only women candidates are considered
- HFC-Aus has the right to cancel the advertisement.
Female Applicants are highly encouraged to apply!