- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Bale
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Procurement jobs in Ethiopia
The Save the Children in Ethiopia Country Office (CO), in support of the Government of Ethiopia (GoE), has continued to contribute to the well-being of Ethiopian children in development and humanitarian contexts. We work to provide immediate humanitarian relief and long-term sustainable development.
The Opportunity (Procurement Office- Buying)
The Procurement Officer (Buying) will perform over all procurement activities to SCI Ethiopia. S/he will implement and maintain sound procurement system following the organization’s procurement policy and procedure to ensure the integrity, smooth running and effective performance of SCI Bale field Office.
- Ensure all steps involved in procurement process are completed – distribution of quotation requests, collection of proforma invoices, analysis of bids, preparation and delivery of Purchase Orders, collection of goods, obtaining Goods Receiving Note’s, and final submission of GRNs and receipts to Finance.
- Prepare and compile bid documents for review by the purchasing committee, and assist in setting selection criteria.
- Prepare bid analysis and recommend the best offer as per selection criterion set in discussion with the purchasing committee.
- Ensures purchase requests (PR’s) are adequately specific and complete.
- Check quality and availability of requested items and collect proforma accordingly.
- Ensure that requests for quotations, bid analysis, Basic Vendor Selection (BVS), Purchase Order, etc. are prepared according to SCI Ethiopia’s procurement standards.
- Maintaining an up-to-date prequalified vendor lists e.g. stationery, hardware, tools, furniture, equipment etc. and make it available upon request.
- Ensuring all specifications in the purchase requisitions are captured in the requests for quotations and subsequently in the purchase order
- Work with Finance Unit to process settlement of all invoices received from vendors.
- Ensure that itemized documentations (copy of vouchers, invoices, receipts, purchase requests, purchase order log, receiving notes, etc.) are established and maintained for each purpose.
- Conducting miscellaneous office purchases from purchases advance and reimburse on time.
- Tracking in-coming shipments of ordered goods, reviewing completeness and accuracy of shipping and confirming timely arrival of the right quantity and quality of delivered consignments;
- Maintain records of shipping and receiving documentation.
- Coordinate vendor performance management review using SCI tools and evaluation criteria;
- Preparing and providing a weekly and monthly purchase status report
- Clear any shipments from customs or any other government body in collaboration with SCI Ethiopia appropriate staff.
- Keep documentation related to procurement of duty-free and services including follow up of exemptions and other official documents.
- Preparing purchase estimation for the preferred vendor selection process and follow up on preferred vendor contract
- Ensuring of the reconciliation of open Purchase Order on monthly basis
- Maintaining good relationship with the supplier and negotiating contract
- Complies with the SCI procurement procedures and regulations
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and SCI Filed Offices accountable to deliver on their responsibilities –giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for his/her self, takes responsibility for his or her own development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES,
- B.A. degree in purchasing and supplies management or Procurement /Logistics or related field.
- At least five years of practical commensurate experience in positions of increasing responsibilities with Procurement, clearing from customs and purchasing.
- Experience with humanitarian organization
- Computer literacy and ability to use all programs in Word Office Suite,
- Knowledge of procurement and administrative systems
- Excellent management, supervision/mentoring and organizational skills
- Language Requirement: (Fluent) Speaking/Reading English and Afan Oromo is required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability), as is the ability to project a professional, consistent image. .
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
- SC Values are : Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards
- Promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
- Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity)
- Networking: Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
- Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.