Ethiopian Mediation and Arbitration Centre (EMAC) is a Civil Society Organization that was established in August 2004 in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. It used to be called as Ethiopian Arbitration and Conciliation Centre (EACC). The latter was established by a group of Ethiopian lawyers with the intention of promoting and providing alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in Ethiopia.
Report to : General Manager
Number of Position : One
Duration: One Year, with the possibility of extension.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects of the organization.
- Designs project proposals and Concept papers.
- Designs various resource mobilization strategies for the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs organizational programs and projects.
- Ensure that program and project operations carried out in accordance with the organization’s policies, and procedures.
- Provides regular support and supervision to staff and teams under his/her direct line management;
- Monitors project implementation activities in the field.
- Facilitates/ Participate in program and project evaluation activities.
- Network and liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of the programs and projects of the organization.
- Co-ordinate and compile strategic as well as annual plans
- Coordinates the implementation of projects based on the agreed project documents and terms of agreement with donors and government;
- Ensures that all required information/data is made available for project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation and decision making
- Produce monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual performance reports.
- Collects and compiles data relevant to his field of assignment, best practices, case studies and lessons and report to her/his supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program Manager
This Job Description can be amended or modified any time through discussion with the employee and the program office with final approval from the project manager.
- MA/BA degree or equivalent in Law, Business Administration, Project Management, Development Studies, Social Work and related fields and minimum of 4/6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Program and project management in the CSO sector is highly preferred.
- Skill in proposal development, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, report writing.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others.
- Good experience in documentation and reporting of project activities.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Proficiency in standard office software packages.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit application on the following address within 8 working days
Ethiopian Mediation and Arbitration Center
Bole Road, Alem Building 7 th floor
Tel: +251 -11-6639516/17
Cell Phone: +251-911 185147
E’mail: [email protected]