HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church’s diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change – globally and in Switzerland.
In Ethiopia, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS has programs with focus on Natural Resources Management, WASH, Inclusive Markets for Smallholder Pastoralists and Farmers and Humanitarian Assistance for drought and conflict affected communities. For its country office, the Ethiopia country office is recruiting a
Program Manager (100%), Ethiopia
To work with international donors, foundations, institutions, high worth individuals to bring resources to Ethiopia. To establish, develop and sustain conductive cooperation with bi and multilateral organizations. To lead and manage coordination of all country office project activities both in humanitarian and development interventions. To ensure delivery of country office’s commitments as per project agreements, operational plan and budget. To lead programmatic and operational teams. To monitor implementation progress, manage project activities and resource allocation to achieve project goals. To secure project reporting requirements, provide sound analysis and recommendations for the country program portfolio.
- To develop and maintain a high level of understanding of donor priorities, strategies and country plans
- To explore opportunities for private funding partnerships and engaging in new ways of funding
- To lead fundraising activities, concept note and proposal development
- To manage coordination with key stakeholders (e.g. government authorities, donors, humanitarian partners, bilateral organizations, coordination forums, humanitarian clusters, etc.)
- To coordinate Swiss Church Aid/HEKS humanitarian and development interventions
- To monitor and assess project implementation progress, identify challenges, devise solutions
- To facilitate team planning and assessment meetings to assure sound integration across work streams and achieve cross-learning
- Lead, Promote and encourage a collaborative and respectful working culture among partners
- Ensure quality development of development of quarterly, biannual, annual plan and reports
- Network with relevant project stakeholders
- Coordinate and supervise Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Organize annual learning sessions, draw lessons learned and share best practices
- Develop TOR for various purposes (consultancies, evaluations, etc.)
- MA in development studies, humanitarian aid, social sciences and other related field with a minimum of eight years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in donor relations and fundraising at international level.
- Excellent program development, proposal and report writing skills
- Experience in managing projects dealing with humanitarian and/or development interventions focusing on WASH, livelihoods, value chain, NRM, food security, conflict transformation and partnership management
- Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders,
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Accountability and responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
- Able to work as a team member with good inter-personal skills
- A Program Manager position with a duty station in Addis Ababa and with frequent visits to the field
- An interesting and challenging position with scope for design
- A one-year renewable contract
- Entry date: 1th May 2022 or ASAP