Ethiopian Center for Development (ECD) for its projects implementation currently seeks qualified candidates for senior management and technical positions for a team based in Addis Ababa. We seek a Program Manager, Project Manager, Project Coordinators, Incubation Officers, Education Supervisors and Secretary/Cashier. We are looking individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of the others. Please see the criteria below for details.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects on (“Pathways for Sustainable Employment for Women and Youth in Ethiopia” (PASEWAY),
- Plans and Supervise of the project on “Pathways for Sustainable Employment for Women and Youth in Ethiopia (PASEWAY)”
- Plans, organizes and directs the project activities in the area of assignment
- Ensure that the operations of the project in the area of assignment are carried out in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and the project document.
- Provides regular support and supervision to staff and teams under direct line management;
- Assures the motivation, job satisfaction, and desired retention of staff working in the department;
- Supervises and appraises the performance of staff responsible to him;
- Carries activities in the field as required.
- Monitors project implementation activities in the field.
- Participate in the evaluation activities.
- Network and liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of the project.
- Provide technical and organizational support to Incubation officer/ staff in his field of specialization of the project
- Co-ordinate and compile strategic as well as annual plans and programs and conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinates the implementation of projects based on the agreed project documents and terms of agreement;
- Ensures that all required information/data is made available for project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation and decision making
- Works with ECD staff to assess and identify technical assistance needs with regard to technical skills, supervision support.
- Visit frequently the area where the project is being implemented.
- Compiles data relevant to the project in the area of assignment.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual performance reports to the program manager.
- Collects and compiles data relevant to his field of assignment, best practices, case studies and lessons and report to her/his supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program Manager
This Job Description can be amended or modified any time through discussion with the employee and the program office with final approval from the project manager.
- MA/BA degree or equivalent in Business Administration and related fields and minimum of 4/6 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English,
- Skill in proposal development, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, report writing;
- Proficiency in standard office software package;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Good experience in documentation and reporting of project activities
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit application on the following address with in 10 working days
Ethiopian Center for Development
Bole Road, Alem Building 7 th floor
Tel: +251 -11-6639516/17