Flipper International School (FIS) is a school accredited by the Ministry of Education as a “Foreign Investors’ School”. The School was founded in 1998 by Ms. Menna Selamu and Ms. Serkaddis Seifu with the vision to provide a loving and stable learning environment for preschool age children. Through the years, FIS has acquired a good reputation and has become one of the most sought out preschools and primary schools in Addis Ababa that prepares students for academic excellence. Since January 2019, Flipper International School has been a registered school of Cambridge Assessment International Education, the only exam board wholly owned by a world-leading university, the University of Cambridge.
FIS is a vibrant and highly effective school that operates from three locations in Addis Ababa Cazanchis, Beklobet and CMC-Summit areas. To further expand its educational services until Grade 12, FIS has acquired 17,000 sqm of land in the CMC-Summit area. Currently, the school is in the final completion phase of a first fully equipped international school facility. The new school facility will open its doors in 2020/21 school year and will accept students from Prep 2 to grade 10.
In 2019, SANA Education became the majority shareholder of Flipper International School. SANA Education is a network of K-12 school in Morocco, comprised of ~3,500 students across three campuses in in Casablanca and a campus in Rabat. SANA has a distinct education philosophy that strives to attain high international standards without compromising on local culture and heritage. SANA’s goal is to produce successful, emotionally fulfilled and locally rooted individuals who will pioneer a new era of African excellence in the 21st century. Three SANA schools in Morocco offer a French-accredited (AEFE) curriculum, and all schools have a strong focus on EdTech, language, and entrepreneurship. This partnership will enable Flipper International School to integrate into a broader K-12 network and help to further strengthen its offering to students and staff, its processes, communication, infrastructure, and to adopt technological advancements in its teaching methods.
The Project Manager will play an integral role in the development, execution, and management of the integration of Flipper into the SANA Education platform and supporting Flipper and SANA management in developing and executing upon other strategic projects. The Project Manager will work closely with both the CEO of SANA Education and Managers of Flipper and will present regularly to the executive team and shareholders of Flipper on the PMO. This is an exciting and challenging role that comes with deep exposure to strategic, operational and financial aspects of a fast-growing entrepreneurial organisation. Key areas of the integration project relate to pedagogy, finance & IT processes, HR, digital & communications, and development & infrastructure, which will expose the Project Manager to diverse workstreams across various teams. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a consulting or business management role, with a focus on hands-on support and interdepartmental / cross-country collaboration. Previous education experience will be highly appreciated but is not a prerequisite.
Reports to : Chief Executive Officer of SANA Education (majority shareholder of Flipper)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage the execution of the integration plan across departments and teams, some of whom may be working in different countries (Morocco and Ethiopia)
- Set-up clear systems and processes, including defining and communicating workstreams deliverables, dates, and activities, to ensure efficiency and timely completion of all tasks
- Establish and manage a program tracking approach that provides regular program-wide progress updates to all stakeholders
- Manage cross-workstream issues that may arise to minimize deviations from project roadmaps
- Improve and support financial reporting to expand real-time access to data across the organization, streamline back office processes, and support the development of the budget
- Drive value creation initiatives by leveraging strong interpersonal skills and engendering authority to influence the various teams across the organization
- Contribute to business development initiatives, such as new growth or expansion opportunities
- Build and maintain superior working relationships across the organisation to enable delivery of superior performance and ensure continuing leadership alignment and mobilization
- Capture key learnings and perform business analytics in order to diagnose areas of improvement, and suggest action plan to address these
The position provides broad exposure to all aspects of the business, as well as to Flipper and SANA’s management team. It could therefore serve as a springboard from which to take on operational responsibility in Ethiopia and Morocco
- Education: Higher degree and/or relevant management qualification
- Language skills: Excellent oral and written English, proficient oral and written Amharic
- 3 or more years of consulting background, ideally with exposure to the education sector
- Experience in project management – planning, leading, implementing, and reporting a range of strategic initiatives against challenging performance targets
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Strong ability and willingness to rolling up one's sleeves and get things done
- Excellent command of both oral and written English, proficient oral and written Amharic
- High energy levels with a positive can-do attitude; strong desire to achieve results
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Entrepreneurial and ownership mindset
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Self-driven, goal-oriented and disciplined
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maturity level
- Collaborative – able to navigate the organisation to get things done
- Down to earth – willing and able to do both big and small task
- Good listener and team player with little ego and confidence to admit errors
How to Apply