Purpose of the position:
The Project Manager is responsible for all water projects planning, implementation and management in collaboration with district and zonal level government concerned officials. He/She will work under the direct supervision of the senior operations manager. Provide leadership and Management to all water project interventions within the defined geographic area according to organizational policies, donor regulations and community expectations to successfully achieve the desired objective of the grant project.
Major Responsibilities :
· Provide leadership and management to the grant project interventions within the defined geographic area according to organizational policies, donor & Government regulations and community expectations for smooth implementation of the grant to achieve the desired objectives and goal.
· Prepare timely and quality detail implementation plan; oversee and ensure the execution of the entire project cycle in accordance with the project agreement framework;
· Enforce stewardship by ensuring efficient and effective utilization of project resources for the intended purpose in the geographic area; Ensure that both Evaluation and Audit (finance and risk based) recommendations are timely responded to, fully implemented and progress is reported quarterly.
· Engage in and network with government and other in country stakeholders, WVE Head Office divisions/departments, Program hub offices and Project offices for successful implementation of the project in the area; Ensure that communities and staff are empowered to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the project activities for quality and sustainable development.
· Receive feedback on the progress of the different water construction works, challenges and concerns encountered from the water and civil works engineers and take appropriate action in consultation with the grant project staffs;
· Review activity vs. budget plan in annual, biannual, quarter and monthly basis to monitor the activity progress and budget utilization;
· Submit project plans and periodic progress reports to the head office and respective government offices; Network with district and zonal government offices, non-governmental actors and other stakeholders within the zone as deemed necessary;
· Facilitate integration of transition plan and annual plan document of the project and ensure implementation for sustainable development; Assure the field staffs develops and works to strengthen the local institutions like WASHCos, Utilities, etc.
· Engage in and ensure that appropriate tools like Coaching For Performance, coaching and mentoring etc. are practiced within the project to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability;
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· Experience: 8 yrs for M.Sc and 10yrs for B.Sc with minimum of 4 years on WASH programs leadership experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
§ Qualification required: M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in Water Resource Engineering, Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulics Engineering and other related fields;
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Technical skill desired in Drilling operation and management; Other team management exposure and computer knowledge (word, Excel) working with NGOs and consortium experience is preferred.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
Please indicate your preferred duty station.
Duty stations: 1.: Bui (Sodo Guraghe, SNNPRS),
2.Boset/Chefe Donsa (Gimbichu, Oromia)
3.Gojo/Adea Berga (Jeldu, Oromia),
4.Yed Wuha/Enemay (Shebel Berenta, Amhara) and
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies