Purpose of the position
The Aflatoun project Manager provides overall technical leadership and oversight to the Aflatoun project implementation in the targeted four regions and their twelve woredas. The manager is the core contact focal point/ person for this project both internally and externally. She/he is responsible for assuring that the Aflatoun project implementation is well planned, coordinated and consulted among the national and regional EiE program team, regional education bureau and other relevant stakeholders. She/he must demonstrate result-oriented extensive competencies for compelling Result-Based Management approaches and outcomes.
Program development and Management
· Lead the assessment of the situation of emergency crisis affected areas (IDPs/ and Refugee) and for development of appropriate and quality life skills education project proposals
· Lead and facilitate the baseline study, semi/annual reviews, and evaluations during the life span of the recovery plan/project period
· Prepare the detail implementation project plan and ensure its effectiveness according to the overarching strategy of WVE and project agreement made with the donor
· Work to ensure ownership of the social and financial education for children and youth project goal by beneficiaries in the targeted IDP sites and refugee camps
· Lead the effective distribution of Aflatoun books/curriculum to the targeted wordas, schools and targeted children to ensure quality project implementation (in IDP and Refugee contexts)
· Work to ensure the effective implementation of social and financial education for children and youth the targeted the targeted woredas and schools in emergency crisis affected contexts ( in IDP and Refugee contexts)
· Advocate for and promote the life skills education and child protection to be implemented in the emergency contexts while implementing social and financial education activities
· Collaborate and work with other EdLS TP project model owners and other sectors within in WVE to ensure child-friendly learning environment and opportunities for all children (emergency crisis affected school age children and development education)
· Collect and compile the weekly and monthly updates of the Aflatoun project from the field and take corrective action, and report to EiE program manage
Coordination, partnership and networking
· Lead to link with federal ministry of education and regional education bureaus to ensure compliance with government and donor agency
· Represent WVE among life skills Education implementing partners ( other agencies and government) to ensure timely sharing of social and financial education information collected within WVE
· Provide technical supports to field team to establish and strengthen existing systems and structures in the implementation of social and financial education and child protection activities in project sites ( IDPs and Refugees)
· Establish and strengthen networking and partnership with organizations or agencies working on life skills education (Aflatoun program, EiE and child protection to ensure child-friendly learning centers)
· Work strongly and promote social and financial education for children and youth in the context of life skills education in emergency crisis affected areas and to different places
· Manage project budget operation executing in each Woreda for the project implementation. This includes procurements of items and services, and any other expenses incurred for the social an financial education for children and youth in the emergency contexts ( IDP and Refugee project sites )
· Work with procurement unit and or procurement committee for the selection of suppliers and contractors for logistics purchase and establish standards for the project ( ensuring pre-qualification for items and service purchases )
· Liaise with NGOs/UN agencies at national level to ensure coordination of inputs and resources for Aflatoun project activities
· Manage UNICEF funded Life skills education/Aflatoun/ resources and budgets in conjunction with Finance Department and ensure spending and expenditures are within budget and adhere to donor requirements. Ensure no over/under spending on projects.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting and Documentation
· Ensure high quality reports prepared and submitted by the field coordinators in a timely manner and according to the donor and WVE requirements.
· Ensure monitoring of the impact of the social and financial education in the framework of EiE response program and promote learning by documentation of best practices for future emergency response works
· Ensure necessary information provided by the field level coordinators to EiE program team at NO, AP/ and CPO managers, emergency Response manager of IDP sites, Refugee area manager to ensure sustainability of project response
· Work to ensure the documentation of best practices by field coordinators and challenges to generate materials for strategic direction of further implementations of life skills education and EiE programming
· Coordinate development of new project proposals and concept notes in response to life skills education and EiE funding opportunities.
· Facilitate the signing of MOUs, Field Level Agreements with partners and support offices with WVE before any implementation
Duty Station: Head Office/ Addis Ababa/
Number of position: One
Work Environment: Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable. The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Duration of the contract: Until December 31, 2020
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
* Seven years of Experience
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education and child focused related positions, an experience of working with children at risk, EiE and life skills development (practical experience on Aflatoun, EiE response program and or refugee education is highly required). A Master’s degree in education, education management and Humanitarian Assistance or related field from a recognized University will be an advantage
· Education life skills, pedagogy, curriculum and instruction, Educational planning and administration, related fields from recognized University is an asset
· Demonstrated understanding of the Ethiopian education policy and Education in Emergencies programming
· Excellent command of English. Other regional languages is also an asset for quality project implementation
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from ) and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
Note: please write the job title on the subject bar
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.