CATALYZE – Ethiopia: Market Systems for Growth
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
CATALYZE is a $250 million 5 to 8-year program, designed to catalyze $2 billion in private capital, especially to underfinanced social sectors (such as education) and higher risk countries (especially low-income and post-conflict countries) around the globe, complemented by a cross-cutting inclusion of gender-lens investing. CATALYZE will provide services to many missions and bureaus that “buy in” to tap the CATALYZE investment and pay-for-results project management expertise. Our aim is for investors to explore and find commercially viable opportunities and approaches to creating jobs, developing sustainable social services, tightening and rationalizing supply chains, and advancing inclusive growth.
CATALYZE: Market Systems for Growth (MS4G) will drive private enterprise expansion to catalyze Ethiopia’s future economic growth and prosperity. MS4G intends to foster enterprise-driven growth, especially among private enterprises that have high growth potential and the capacity to catalyze job creation throughout market systems. MS4G will address systemic challenges, including building business development services capacity, creating a more conducive business environment, building the financial sector infrastructure and capability within private finance providers, and expanding the digital economy. MS4G will catalyze private sector growth by improving access to finance and facilitating transactions through targeted interventions across market systems (demand, supply, and enabling environment). Expanded access to finance will also drive change across the market system by increasing business revenue and necessitating job creation. The program has an estimated life of project funding of $55 million and is anticipated to operate for four years. MS4G will promote expansion across agribusiness, light manufacturing, and telecommunications & ICT (including financial technology). Across all initiatives, there will be a cross-cutting focus on women and youth, as well as a focus on ensuring that disparate ethnic groups and regions equitably benefit from the interventions.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations & HR Manager, the Receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for visitors: Answers and accurately & professionally directs phone calls; Greets clients and visitors positively; Make travel arrangements, book flights and hotel accommodations. The Receptionist must also be able to interact with different Palladium international staffs and guests comfortably.
Duties and responsibilities
- Welcome and receive visitors and guests in a cordial and respectful manner.
- Answering telephone calls, responding to requests for information and other different queriesTake minutes of meetings and ensure proper documentation of discussions and decisions.
- Arrange national and international travel including accommodation, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed for Palladium staff and incoming visitors.
- Organize arrangements for meeting and appointments.
- Keep the organization’s staff contact list updated.
Manage office equipment and infrastructure to ensure a well-running office
Responsible for the running operations for the reception.
- Respond to emails and other related offices or agencies in relation to the office operations.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing correspondences and file in a proper manner; ensure that all incoming mail is distributed to the appropriate persons in a timely manner; all outgoing mail reaches its destination within a reasonable period of time.
- Receive and send documents or parcels by courier service, open and distribute the mail to whoever is listed on the internal contents and ensure local and international pouch are sent timely.
- Provide administrative support services to the Ops team.
- Managing scheduling of conference rooms and ensuring equipment is available for meetings.
- Undertake any other activity as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, Power point),
- Solid knowledge of office procedures with a problem-solving attitude, attention to detail
- Experience working in similar or an administrative position,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment.
- Fluent in English, Amharic and or other local languages.
NOTE: These duties and responsibilities can be changed, adjusted, or modified at any time by the job holder’s supervisors in the best interest of the organization.