The?International Republican Institute (IRI)?is seeking ten regional liaisons to work in each of the following regions: Afar, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambela, Harari, Oromia, Somalia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region, Tigray and Sidama for the Election Observation Mission for the 2021?Ethiopian?elections.??
The Regional Liaisons are expected to work within one of ten regions of Ethiopia from April to August. ???
Statement of Work:
Regional Liaisons are part-time, temporary positions and will serve in an information collation and reporting function, helping to collect and share key political and electoral information and updates from the regions, connecting long-term analysts (LTAs) and core team members with relevant regional actors, and facilitating participation of regional actors in virtual discussions or events.
Primary Responsibilities: ??
- Collect on-the-ground information for the Core Team and LTAs including regional information, local political and electoral updates, and scheduling meetings and interviews with important regional stakeholders
- Work closely with research assistants to connect them with important local stakeholders to ensure they are able to effectively gather information
- Monitor local and regional media outlets for key political and electoral information
- Provide regional and local information pertaining to electoral processes and administrative functions of local NEBE units to LTAs and Core Team in a timely manner i.e. weekly reports and periodic check ins
- Provide interpretation and translation needs, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to international development, such as political science, public policy, law, gender or related field preferred.
- Have established network connections with important election stakeholders in one of the regions of Ethiopia.
- Experience as a citizen observer and/or has experience working in a civil society organization (CSO) in Ethiopia.
- Ability to remain unbiased and impartial when providing information and in interacting with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a sensitive political environment .
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an internationally and culturally diverse team, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of local stakeholders and government personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner
- Knowledge of PC-based word processing and e-mail technology
- Fluent in written and spoken English as well as one or more of local languages.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the link below and follow further instructions.
All applications must include:
- Three (3) professional references
Applications are due May 10, 2021.