The purpose of the role is to ensure partnership, collaboration and timely implementation of the project activities in the project sites/ targeted Woredas/ in the region to the required standards of the Aflatoun program. She/he ensures the implementation of project activities and maintain documentation of best practices.
Under the overall guidance of the Aflatoun Project manager/ Specialist/ based on WVE HO, the Aflatoun project Regional coordinator provides overall coordination and technical oversight to the Aflatoun project implementation in the region assigned woredas (two to four Woredas). The Regional coordinator is the core contact focal point/ person in the region/zone. She/he is responsible for assuring that the Aflatoun project implementation is well planned, coordinated and consulted among the EiE program team, regional education bureau and other relevant stakeholders. She/he must demonstrate result-oriented extensive competencies for compelling Result-Based Management approaches and outcomes.
1. Program development and implementation
· Assess the situation of emergency crisis affected areas (IDPs/ and Refugee) and contribute in the development of appropriate and quality life skills education project proposals
· Facilitate and carry out baseline study, semi/annual reviews, and evaluations during the life span of the recovery plan/project
· Coordinate baseline and evaluation process as well as assessment of the existing data on targeted beneficiaries and their needs in relation to life skills education
· Prepare detail implementation project plan and ensure its effectiveness according to the overarching strategy and project agreement made with the donor
· Ensure ownership of the social and financial education for children and youth project goal by beneficiaries in the targeted IDP sites and refugee camps
· Ensure the effective distribution of Aflatoun books/curriculum to the targered wordas, schools and targeted children to ensure quality project implementation ( IDP and Refugee contexts)
· Ensure the effective social and financial education for children and youth implementation in schools in the emergency crisis affected contexts ( IDP and Refugee contexts)
· Promote life skills education and protection of children in all activities in the emergency contexts while implementing social and financial education activities
· Collaborate and work with other sectors within in WVE to ensuring child-friendly learning environment and learning opportunities for emergency crisis affected school age children.
· Monitor and follow up the effective implementation of the planned activities of social and financial education in the project sites
· Prepare and send the weekly and monthly updates of the project to Aflatoun project manager
· Any other job as required and assigned by supervisor
2. Coordination, partnership and networking
· Liaise with local/government authorities at field level to ensure compliance with government / and Emergency operation center (EOCs) regulations and regional/zonal and woreda level education cluster coordination
· Represent WVE in Education coordination meetings of agencies and government in playing a leading role (clusters, task force meetings, networks and other platforms at emergency response coordination centers and ensure timely sharing of information collected within WVE)
· Strengthen existing systems and structures in the implementation of social and financial education and child protection in project sites ( IDPs and Refugees)
· Strengthen networking with organizations or agencies working on life skills education/Aflatoun program, EiE and child protection in ensuring child-friendly learning centers
· Work strongly and promote social and financial education for children and youth in particular and life skills education in general to be implemented alongside other school curriculums
3. Resource Management
· Manage operating budget of the assigned Woredas for the project implementation including procurement, cost for the materials purchase and any other expenses incurred for the social an financial education for children and youth in the emergency contexts ( IDP and /Refugee project sites )
· Contribute to the selection of pre-qualification and bidding of local suppliers and contractors for logistics availability, and items and service purchase
· Liaise with NGOs/UN agencies in the field to ensure coordination of inputs and resources for Aflatoun project activities
· Monitor and follow up to the effective utilization of allocated budget for social and financial education activities in schools ( IDP and Refugee sites)
4. Reporting and Documentation
· Submit high quality reports to Aflatoun project manager in a timely manner and according to the donor and WVE requirements.
· Monitor the impact of the social and financial education in the framework of EiE response program and promote learning by documentation of best practices for future emergency response works
· Provide necessary information to the Aflatoun project manager/ EiE program team at NO, AP/ and CPO managers, emergency Response manager IDP sites, Refugee area manager to ensure sustainability of project response (when appropriate )
· Assist on the documentation of best practices and challenges to generate materials for strategic direction of further implementations of life skills education and EiE programming
Duty Stations:Emergency response office Kochere, Gambella Refugee Response Office Gambella,Wollega CPO sibu sire, Emergency Response office Bule Hora, Hararge Cpo Tullo AP,Asgede Tsimbella AP
Work Environment: Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
Based at WVE CPO/AP, Emergency Response office and Refugee response operation office- with frequent travel within the projects operational areas and APs
Duration of the contract: until December 31, 2020
Number of Positions: Six
- Job Requirements :
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
· BA degree with minimum 5 years in education life skills and other education fields especially in pedagogy, curriculum and instruction, Educational planning and administration, and child focused related positions and have an experience of working with children at risk and life skills development (practical experience on Aflatoun education is highly required)
· Experience in Training of Aflatoun program teaching methodology, need Assessment, Planning and Facilitation is an asset
· Demonstrated understanding of the Ethiopian education policy and Education in Emergency programming
Experience in Ethiopian education system especially in education life skills and social and financial education
Demonstrated understanding of the Ethiopian education policy and Education in Emergency programming
- How To Apply:
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
Note: Please write the job title and the location to apply on the subject bar.
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.