We are seeking to recruit experienced Regional Technical Advisors, with extensive expertise in Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Food Security.
About the programme
Building Resilience in Ethiopia (BRE) is a programme funded by the UK Department for International Development. This programme will support ‘the Government of Ethiopia in leading and delivering an effective, more self-financed and accountable response to climate and humanitarian shocks’. The programme will also play a key role in better monitoring and evaluating humanitarian delivery in Ethiopia, particularly under the broader BRE programme.
About the role
The job holder will lead regional work in disaster risk management and scalable safety net activities. They will be responsible for managing Woreda Technical Advisors as well as coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring a smooth implementation of programme activities at the regional level. This will include support to the regional Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Food Security Bureaus and ensuring adherence to OPM’s and donor guidelines and standards.
Key activities will include:
- Leading in providing the programme with internal and external representation and coordination at the regional level
- Working closely with team members based in Addis Ababa
- Managing Woreda Technical Advisors.
- During the first phase of the assignment when embedded into Government offices (approx. 3-6 months), monitoring and documenting existing business processes (relating to humanitarian assistance and safety net activities), as well as understanding the capacity of the relevant regional and Woreda DRM and Food Security sector teams
- Identifying targeted technical assistance which may be delivered through a range of national and international consultants in the second phase of the assignment. The second phase of the assignment is contingent on approval by the donor.
The Regional Technical Advisors are responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relations with government counterparts
- Networking with other stakeholders
- Channelling and sequencing the technical assistance in the most appropriate and effective way
- Providing technical and managerial oversight as well as quality control to BRE technical advisors at Woreda level.
Oxford Policy Management Limited (OPM) is world-leading international policy development and management consultancies. We enable strategic decision-makers in the public and private sector to identify and implement sustainable solutions for reducing social and economic disadvantage in low and middle-income countries.