Assignment Title : Apprentice Ship senior expert for woreda 2 OSSC office in Kirkos Sub City for Youth Employment Pilot
Ref #.: ET-ADDIS ABABA-216625-CS-INDV
Credit No.: 57560 - ET
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank to the cost of the Urban Productive Safety Net Project (UPSNP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
- The Individual Consulting Service (The Services) includes will will support the implementation of a wide range of managerial, operational and technical elements and manage the day to day activities of the pilot in the selected woredas.. The Individual consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities, among others;
The services include:
- The apprenticeship specialist will be responsible for implementation of planning, managerial, technical and communication plans and procedures of the pilot. He/She shall carry out the following functions:
- Familiarize with the standards, procedures, and guidelines prepared at the national level to guide the promotion, registration, selection, matching, placement, and monitoring of apprentices and firms in the selected Woredas.
- Familiarize with the operational documents, which are prepared to guide implementing partners and service providers during the implementation of the pilot.
- Familiarize with the overall objective of the project and ensure the implementation of this pilot in the Sub-city
- Conduct the communication outreach effectively to potential beneficiaries and firms about the apprenticeship program in each woreda.
- Identify challenges during the implementation process and take corrective actions according to the UPSNJP’s project implementation manual.
- Ensure the transparency and accountability of the registration and selection processes of the beneficiary.
- Work closely with the Apprenticeship Specialists at the city and sub-city administration levels and responsible JOBFSA staffs.
- Facilitate the monitoring of the apprentice and firms during the apprenticeship program.
- Work closely with the OSSCs for the success of the pilot implementation.
- Report evaluation findings to Addis Abeba city Administration, Sub-city, JOBFSA, and the World Bank regularly.
- Facilitate peer meetings between apprentices to create a strong network among them to share ideas and information, which is helpful during and after the apprenticeship.
- Collect data and prepare reports.
- Coordination and Partnership Management
- Liaise and coordinate between different government offices, Addis Abeba city administration, Sub-city, JOBFSA, OSSCs, service providers, and the firms to ensure the pilot's overall plan's effective implementation.
- Create strong coordination and collaboration between the OSSCs, Sub-city, JOBFSA, PCU, and other stakeholders to fast track implementation.
- Create strong coordination with youth lead and youth focus organizations and other community organizations for the effective implementation of the pilot.
- Conduct evaluation meeting every week along with the Addis Ababa, and sub-city apprenticeship Specialists to update the progress and challenges of the pilot implementation.
- Liaise and coordinate the overall activity of the pilot between the city, sub-city, and the woreda.
- Perform other duties as required.
- The assignment will be for one year, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance of the consultant.
- Bachelor Degree in one of the following disciplines: international relations, economics, political science, business administration, public administration, management, law, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years progressively responsible experience in projects of similar scope and requirements, preferably international donors-funded programs.
- Previous experience in similar positions with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with Government bodies.
- Previous experience with apprenticeships and job creation projects preferred.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of Ethiopia’s economic and labor market policies.
- A proven track record of leadership and management in multicultural settings, including coordination of interdisciplinary teams is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong set of personal values.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic.
Remunerations : will be based on Ministry of Finance channel One Project Salary Scale.
How to Apply
City Government of Addis Ababa Food Security and Productive Safety Net Agency now invites eligible individual consultants/specialist to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience as Specialist specifically in Donor Fund project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 to 12: 00 am in the morning and from 1:30 to 5:30 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest including recent and comprehensive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents must be delivered in a written form (in person, or by e-mail) to the address below, latest by 29 March 2021 at 5:30 PM.
Food Security and Productive Safety Net Agency, Churchill Road, in front of Grand Eliana Hotel, Tenesae Bldg., 8th Floor, Addis Ababa
Attn: Amare Merka, UPSNP, Project Coordinator
E-mail: [email protected]
Attn: MelkegnawAndargie, Government Procurement Director
E-mail: [email protected]