The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Restoring Family Link Field Officer 2 (12 months fixed term contract) based in Addis Ababa.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- ?Carries out RFL activities under the supervision of the line manager.
- Contributes to analyses of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment in which the ICRC is working, shares relevant information with team members and reports any changes in the situation.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of projects.
- Collects, compiles and translates RFL-related information, paying due attention to staff risk management requirements.
- Analyses data and contributes to written internal reports; assists in institutional exercises relating to planning, budgeting and monitoring programmes.
- Helps to prepare, report on and follow up on internal and external meetings.
- Develops and maintains contact with municipal/regional authorities, local/regional National Society branches, the local population and suppliers.
- Prepares, participates in and reports on all aspects of field visits.
- May support and supervise staff in the implementation and monitoring of field projects.
- Fosters a constructive working environment (multidisciplinary approach, good team dynamics) among team members.
- Ensures the sustainability of their work and puts in place a system for archiving their work for the purposes of institutional memory.
The RFL FO 2 is responsible for the management of the ADD Tracing Services STM and acts as the focal point for ASPERA. S/he knows, applies, and ensures respect for the ICRC procedures and workflow related to the ADD Tracing Services STM and Aspera. Furthermore, s/he ensures coherence with the general RFL and Prot6 procedures and guidelines in Ethiopia.
Management of STM & ASPERA:
- Properly manages all communications incoming to the “ADD Tracing Service STM” and Aspera in accordance with established guidelines and workflows;
- Liaises with the Data Management department in accordance with the established guidelines and workflows;
- Ensures systematic and timely treatment of all RFL cases and information received through the STM;
- Provides trainings/briefings to new RFL staff on the STM and ASPERA as required;
- Prepares and send correspondence to National Societies or other organizations (ex. UNHCR, UNICEF, IOM, etc.) as required;
- Provides support in the organization of family reunifications, as needed;
- Upon request by the line manager, provides support to the RFL staff in charge of RCM (Red Cross Messages)/Salamat management and may cover his/her duties during absences.
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues.
- Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC's activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities.
- Participates actively in meetings.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should Submit the following through only ethiojobs.net website.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- A cover letter stating the location of the position and why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications.
- Salary expectations.
Closing date: April 8, 2022
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.