REPORTING TO: Operations Director
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Senior IT Specialist provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the first line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop servers, computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity and remote access. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. The IT Specialist will work with Finance department in managing the difficulties being created in the MIP system, and other routine tasks. The IT Specialist will work closely with the Global IT Team in the Orbis HQ office; and will participate with tasks assigned by the Global IT Team.
- Handles basic support of hardware, applications and operating systems, technical consultation and networking.
- Serves as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- Configures firewall and network devices to ensure stable internet connectivity.
- Monitors and works with Internet Service Provider (ISP) to ensure internet is always available.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Ensure basic operation of functional units in terms of information technology and hardware.
- Frequently in touch with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Demonstrates ownership of customer issues and independently seeks solutions.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Manage and collaborate with third party suppliers where appropriate and ensure that vendor performance and provision of services and quality is in line with Orbis International Ethiopia expectations that enable Orbis to meet or exceed service levels.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of all office devices and end user computing environments hardware, peripherals, which directly support and help manage the end user computing environment.
- Support organizational wide priorities by ensuring optimal support and timely resolution of incidents
- Provides IT support and IT trainings for employees in areas where there is technical gap
- Collaborates with Global IT teams for new technology project delivery and implementation
- Utilizes and configures Office 365 tools to assist with managing internal transactions like HR, payroll, Leave and etc.
- Excellent communication both in English and Amharic. Knowing other languages are encouraged.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and cloud technologies
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Windows 10, and Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches and other networking devices
- Basic Understanding of Information Technology industry best practices.
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Skills in oral and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to travel within the country.
- 4 + years of experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (Master’s Degree preferred), or equivalent.
- Vendor and specialized industry training will be added advantage;
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in Computer Programming is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements can send their CV and non-returnable copies of their certificates and testimonials of professional work experience and supporting documents to the following address within 10 calendar days from the date of the vacancy announcement. Only short-listed applicants will be communicated.
e-mail – [email protected]
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence