- Provides technical expertise and operations support, strategic and tactical planning, and recommendations to management for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs.
- Works with internal partners to evaluate and design solutions for business and customer requirements which will integrate with and enhance the network.
- Applies complex design principles and methodology to ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate alternative technologies and architectures regarding infrastructure needs. Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Provide technical expertise and support to Operations in the ongoing maintenance and surveillance of related networks and applications.
- Provide technical expertise to Product Development to develop new product strategies and enhance existing product sets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Core Network Services experience
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks at Access, Aggregation, and Core network locations
- Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, STP, RSTP
- Good experience in optical communication technologies and FTTH service delivery.
- Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco or Huawei routing and switching protocols.
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc.
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a participant in a team environment.
- Router, Switch and IP configuration experience is required
- MSc or BSc degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, with more than three years of directly related experience in a telecommunications service provider network. (Proven technical experience may be substituted for educational requirements.)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant can apply through: [email protected]
Note: Use "Senior Network Engineer" as the subject line of your email !