Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
Reporting to the Manager-Radio Network Engineering , the role holder will be responsible for belo Site Acquisition team.
- Forecasting of Core Network dynamic and Static capacity requirements, upgrade plans and Inter MSR/MSC/Interconnect routes
- Dimensioning of new core and access network elements, signaling network and Interconnect Routes, IP Packet Core
- Analyze and advice on requirements and impact of introducing new services
- Recommend parameter enhancements to improve the overall core network performance
- Access Network Roll-out & Implementation, Cut-over, Rehoming’s, hardware & software upgrades, troubleshooting and Performance Tuning/Optimization.
- Development of Network Design reports and Resilient Business Continuity Plans (BCP).
- Multi-Vendor Supervision on new equipment (BSCs & RNC) ICIA and participation in ATMN testing and sign offs.
- Perform Trials with new Access Technologies in a multi-vendor environment and establishing their suitability and adaptability to the existing Network.
- Carrying out RAN Software and Patch upgrades and Updates to achieve quality KPIs and fix network issues
- Prepare quarterly forecasts of inter MSC, MSR and Interconnect route requirements.
- Prepare annual CNP capacity requirements.
- Prepare annual CNP upgrade plans
- Prepare annual/Quarterly number resource requirements.
- Plans location of new MSR’s together with RPO
- Develop standards that CNP elements/performance must conform with
- Publish and validate test documentation for CNP elements. Review existing Test Document
- Prepare in conjunction with vendors test documentation for new / upgraded CNP elements
- BSc. Honors degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering with bias towards telecommunications.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details, Communication and interpersonal skills, Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- 4 years’ experience in Core access planning environment.
- Practical knowledge on use of radio planning tools and capacity planning tools, MySQL, U2000, NetAct, Advanced Excel et
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then Click on the apply button .
Remember to attach your resume.