VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 029/2019
( External only )
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Position Title: Specialist, Regional Trade IT support
Job Grade: 7
Duty Station: Nekemte
Availability: – As soon as possible
Job Purpose: – The purpose of this job to perform scheduled routine preventative maintenance on, and installation of, End user IT equipment, and other related peripherals and/or hardware; to also diagnose, make corrective maintenance and repair of routine problems with ALL IT equipment’s Boards, hard disks, monitors and so on; to support ECX IT users primarily on onsite support according to established Service Level Agreement; to provide training to users on new applications, computer and IT systems; to conduct preventive & corrective maintenance and coordinate warranty repair actions for equipment under warranty; and to register, manage and close all IT related incidents and issues.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the smooth functioning of applications and networks across all ECX offices in person or via phones and emails for all ECX staff using leading-edge software system.
- Provides required standard and on demand report
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors network infrastructure;
- Provides first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Properly escalates unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Properly tracks, routes ,redirects ,follows-up and closes incidents
- Diagnoses hardware and software network problems;
- Makes routine check- up and reports on the performance level of all IT equipment.
- Troubleshoots HOSP problems with computer systems and other peripherals;
- Assists in minimizing monitoring & controlling maintenance costs;
- Develops preventive maintenance schedules and maintains as per schedule;
- Coordinates warranty repair actions for equipment under warranty; and performs application loading, trouble shooting, tuning & technical support for hard ware and software used within ECX;
- Maintains and provides general support for Local Area Networks (LANs),wide area network (WANs), stand-alone systems and any specialized systems used by the ECX including any associated network/backbone/infrastructure hardware/software;
- Assists in major projects involving equipment installation and re-cabling;
- Manages use of computer systems and provides related training;
- Conducts electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Liaises and works with other IT units and central IT Support staff to solve user problems
- Maintains a historical record of problem resolution & submits a trouble report to the Manager using the system;
- Prepares evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades by the new platform.
- Prepares latest specification for any IT related equipment such as laptop, desktop, surface, printers, copiers and others;
- Sets up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Testes and evaluating new technology;
- Evaluates vendor-supplied hardware and software by studying user objectives; testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
- Manages end-user/access-layer network port security related issues
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· MSc\BSc Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
· 2/4 years of relevant experience in IT support, IT administration or related areas.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com or on www.ethiojobs.com or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O.BOX 17341, AddisAbaba before June 18, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.