Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Please Note: This position is contingent upon award and USAID approval with an anticipated start date of mid-late 2022.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking several technical experts for the anticipated USAID Ethiopia/Climate Resilient WASH Project. This five-year $30-40M program will accelerate the expansion and sustainability of climate-resilient water services and the adoption of key hygiene and sanitation practices in targeted pastoralist areas in Somali, Oromia, SNNPR, and Afar. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary intermediate results: 1) Professionalize and expand climate-resilient water services; 2) Increase adoption of key hygiene behaviors, including MHH, and ending open defecation; 3) Improve gender power dynamics; and 4) Strengthen the enabling environment for climate-resilient water and sanitation services.
Global Community seeks candidates to work on the USAID Ethiopia Climate Resilient WASH project with specialties in the following areas:
- Capacity Building Experts: experienced in promoting good governance, institutional capacity development, change management, improved service delivery, and the effectiveness and sustainability of local governments, non-governmental and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
- Gender, Equality, and Social Inclusion (GESI) Experts: experienced in advocacy on social Inclusion, particularly with respect to gender, youth, marginalized groups, behavior-change strategies, and the strengthening and improvement of service delivery capacity of CSOs working in these fields.
- Water Supply Engineers : experienced in provision of water supply infrastructure and services in rural areas – including rural clusters, resilient water points, water resource management and conservation, participatory water governance approaches, and financial sustainability.
- Grant Management Experts: experienced in managing and administering grants and grantees, especially those experienced in the management of USAID-supported grants.
- Behavior Change Experts: experienced in designing and implementing behavior change programs in key hygiene areas such as use of latrines, stopping open defecation, handwashing with soap, menstrual hygiene management, management of children’s feces, etc.
- Water Resource Management experts: experienced in designing and implementing approaches and activities to manage water resources for drinking water.
- Private Sector Engagement and Markets Specialists: experienced in working with the existing and emerging small medium and large private sector to develop a poor-inclusive market for water supply and sanitation products and services.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline is preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in their respective field of technical expertise
- Experience working on USAID or other international donor-funded programs is useful
- Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.