- Company: CARE Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ethiopia
Objective: The purpose of the Construction Supervisor’s position is to design, prepare bill of quantities, tender documents and schedule of implementation, facilitate and supervise site construction works of the project as per the standard design, specification and guidelines of the project program. Ensures the full participation of communities and counterparts in project activities and compliance withdesign specifications and standards.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Planning and Implementation:
· Ensures that adequate information is collected at each project office for the plan to be sound and community needs are included in the plan and integrity of plan with other development activities;
· Comes up with draft construction activities, annual operational plan for discussion at the project level and develop the final version along with its implementation;
· Prepares all the drawings, designs, work and materials specifications (bill of quantities) and ensures approval by concerned authority before commencing thr condtruction work;
Training and Capacity Building:
· Provides technical assistance to counterparts with regard to technical design when required;
§ Organizes and conducts relevant and appropriate training sessions for the counterparts.
· Inspects construction work to ensure compliance with design, specifications, and standards;
· Ensures full participation of communities and concerned line departments at all levels;
· Follow-up timeliness of the payments to the project beneficiaries as per the agreed upon post surveying measurements output;
· Ensures that the Construction Site Officer, Water Engineer and Water Technician receive the needed technical and logistics support as required, and conduct annual performance appraisal as per the organizations policies and procedure.
Learning and Networking:
§ Establishes good working relationship with local officials woredas level government bodies and other stakeholders;
§ Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples and ensures ongoing personal development and learning;
§ Works closely with field staff and the communities to initiate project activities and to disseminate information.
5 years for Diploma and 3 years for BSc.
Respect, accountability, courage
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page directly to HR.ETHJobs@care.org , or submit hard copy to
Filtu Project Office.
Attention: Hussein Abdi at 0933574637 .
Note: Those who wants to apply on line are expected to clearly write the position you are applying “Cash Assistant/Livelihood Officer. Your application could be automatically disqualified, if you failed to do so.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women