Title: Administration Assistant
Location: Addis Ababa
Reports to: HR and Administration Manager
Grade – G1
Start of Contract & Duration: 12 months with Possibility of Extension
Posting date: June 18, 2021
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Administration Assistant will be responsible to be a first contact person for visitors and as administrative assistant facilitate/support the programme and support department with administrative issues. Work closely with HR department with welcoming new staff, travel arrangement, and overall office management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Receive visitors, welcome them with reading material and coffee/tea and inform the person concerned.
§ Arrange appointments when required and fill the appointment board.
§ Receive DRC visitors to the DRC office and arrange Guest house or hotel booking
§ Assign intern –receptionist to monitor landline calls, receive DRC guests and keep reception area tidy and inviting
§ Ensure the direct line phone is working properly and staff are using the telephone log book
§ Process monthly request for office supplies including paper, stationery, toner, refreshments, cleaning materials etc.
§ Ensure all utility payments are done on timely basis for both office, guest house and rented house for expats.
§ Maintain comprehensive labelled files of all correspondences, Flight booking, travel request and authorization, Visitor slog and other Administration documents
§ Perform clerical/typing assignments; And collect letters from Post office.
§ Edition and producing of business cards for DRC staff as approved
§ Keep track record on purchase and usage of office supplies, cleaning materials and refreshments items.
§ Ensure drinking water availability through out the month, raise PR and setlle them.
§ Keep track record and properly manage all incoming & outgoing DRC letters, receive and send fax messages, collect and deliver letters to Post office/DHL.
Flight booking and travel arrangement
§ Arrange all travel booking and organize Pick ups from and to airport with support from Supply Chains.
§ Book Field staff to a guest house/hotel for official work purposes
§ Ensure that the staff Movement board and Visitors log is updated on daily basis.
§ Filing of travel documents (TRFs, Boarding Passes etc) and submit to Finance for payment
§ Particpate in staff events, collecting tokens and preparing farewell in consultation with Line Manager.
§ Review mothly travel agent invoice and settle timely with Finance department using EPRP System
§ Issue report on office stationaries and Consumable report in the absence of Admin Team Leader.
Perform any other duties assigned by Line manage
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Diploma in Management or related field of studies with at least 2-3 years’ experience in administration, in an international NGO in a similar role at mid-management level.
- Knowledge of work in relation to travel and immigration procedures.
- Must have experience in handling humanitarian flight services
- Strong interpersonal skills, friendly
- A strong team worker;
- Ability to exercise sound, mature judgment and work independently
- Aptitude to work in difficult conditions and stressful situations
- Self-motivated, creativity, flexibility and the ability to work with limited resources and to consistently meet deadlines under pressure