Administrative Assistant for the Biodiversity and Forestry Programme/ ISASE Project
External/Internal Vacancy Announcement 206/2019
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors. GIZ Ethiopia is looking to recruit a driver for the coordination of activities on site for the implementation of a sustainable supply chains project (with a focus on coffee) for the Biodiversity and Forest, as specified below.
Position:…………………… Administrative Assistant
Place of Work: …………. Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the regions
Remuneration: …………. as per the GIZ scale
Application deadline: .. January 6, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance and Administrative assistant will provide financial and administrative support to the project. This includes supporting all projects and partners in the region, as well as liaising with head office colleagues as needed. This role will support the project finance and admin Officer in processing tasks, maintaining the control environment, upholding the policies of GIZ and ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
The Administrative & Finance Assistant is responsible for:
Finance related Duties
- Prepare payments to staff and suppliers in the project office. Ensuring all Payment Vouchers are fully supported before payments are made.
- Ensure that all statutory deductions are calculated and paid in a timely manner. Ensure payment vouchers is prepared and signed off in a timely manner.
- Entering finance data in the finance system, ensuring accurate coding, and assisting the project finance team and partners with entries into their finance system.
- Assist the Project Finance officer to compile monthly partner financial reports for submission to the GDCO (both detailed and summary reports).
- Prepare financial reports, expenditure reports and any other reports as required. Be involved in meetings with Head Office, partners and colleagues to discuss reporting and financial performance.
- Support the Project Admin & Finance officer in the preparation of annual budgets, and revisions as needed.
- Assist in regular partner monitoring exercise – desk reviews and field visit.
- Support project audits and monitoring visits as may be called upon.
- Ensure compliance with GIZ’s policies and procedures, including procurement.
- Will act as the petty cash holder for project office.
- Maintain finance procedures and assist staff to follow the set rules and regulations.
- Act as a bank agent for the project office bank account.
- Ensure all documentation and vouchers are maintained and filed according to requirements and best practice. Ensure all documents are stamped paid after payment made.
- Maintain all statutory records at the project office, trainings & workshops including attendance and registers, and asset register.
- Taking minutes and actions during finance and project meetings.
- Assist in any other administrations duties as required
Required Entry Qualifications and Competencies
- Completion of a collage education in a relevant discipline (Business Administration/Accounting/Management)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a finance and admin position.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good understanding of budgets and strong financial management skills.
- Good English written and spoken skills
- Excellent communication Skill at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and under own initiative.
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with external parties.
- Experience working with Quick Books
- Genuine commitment to the values and ethics of GIZ
- Experience working with institutional donor funds
- Team player and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills
- Honest and person of sound character
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘ Administrative Assistant #206/2019’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.