GFA Consulting Group is looking for an Administrative Assistant (m/f) to support implementation of MoA’s Sustainable Land Management (SLM) project. As administrative assistant of the GFA team in Addis Ababa, the employee is based in the SLM Project Coordination Unit of the Ministry of Agriculture in Addis Ababa. S/he directly reports to the GFA team leader and coordinates closely with the financial management backstopper. The position entails the following main tasks:
- Acting as the first point of contact for visitors
- Responsibility for written communication with partners, eg. preparation and filing of letters
- Keep track of leave requests of the team
- Organise a filing system of the project documents
- Management of car park and coordination of driver schedules
- Establishing and updating an inventory of project assets
- Arranging travels (flight tickets, hotels) of TL and staff
- Support the logistical organisation of workshops and trainings in Addis Ababa
- Supporting procurement of office equipment
- Examine / keep track of drivers’ logbooks
- Supporting the team leader with book keeping activities and assuring that all financial documents are maintained correctly, confidential and according to standards (GFA and KfW):
- Supervision of expenditure
- Monitoring the project bank accounts (bank statements, bank reconciliation)
- Ensure all bank payments
- Management of cash box
- Calculate and hand out travel and other advances
- Prepare the receipts and vouchers for the monthly closure of account
- Communicate closely with regional GFA staff on general organizational and accounting issues
- Receipt, control and accumulation with Addis office accounting of the regional GFA project sub-accounts
- Prepare the monthly statement for control and signature by the TL and send it with the receipts and vouchers to GFA HQ
Funds and Financial Management:
- Supporting the Financial Backstopper as required with the following tasks:
- Control monthly statements of expenditure from the regions
- Assist the financial experts in keeping and improving adequate documentation of expenditures, bank reconciliation statements and any other supporting documents to account for the amount advanced
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports
- Supporting the team leader in preparing the Withdrawal Applications
- Candidates for the position should have at least a BA level degree in accounting/financial management/business administration.
- Very good command of English, verbally and written, is a must. The same goes for Amharic, if that is not the mother tongue.
- Proficiency of MS-WORD and EXCEL is required.
- The applicant should have 8 years of relevant work experience, ideally in similar donor-funded projects and be familiar with their policies, procedures and operational guidelines.
- Good organizational and communication skills are also essential.
How to Apply
Only complete, electronic applications (cover letter, CV, credentials) until November 3 2020 to [email protected]