About CRS : “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
P osition Title: Administrative Assistant-Procurement & Other
Duty Station: Ethiopia/Dire Dawa & Adama
Requered no: Two
Employment Term: Indefinite term
Reports To: Administrative Officer
Application Deadline: November 2, 2020
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide assistant to the Procurement and the other is to effect local procurement in a timely and cost-effective manner in accordance with CRS procurement policies and procedures.
- Developing and updating local vendor lists & share with Addis procurement teams,
- Receiving approved purchase requests, collect Performa invoice, and present to the supervisor
- Inquires immediately more specifications from requester if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed
- Purchase goods, services and work in accordance with CRS policy and procedures and ensure purchase are made in the best interest of CRS
- Collect purchased items from vendors and submits to warehouse keeper against Good Receiving Note of the organization
- Share requesting the unit status of the purchase
- Files all procurement material in an orderly manner for control and reference purpose
- Prepare procurement status report and share to supervisor
- Following with DHL / EMS and other receiving and outgoing letters.
- Support in scanning and copying documents
- Following up vehicle repair & maintenances, and managing fuel,
- Checking office cleaners/guards and office attendants, office repair and maintenance including updating office layout,
- Sending vehicle maintenance document and a log sheet to fleet unit
- Follow up monthly PDP office bills, check for a monthly payment of bills are ready, collect & pay to the concerned office.
- Liquidate advances/ check collections on time.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Completion of 1st Degree or Completion of College Diploma in Accounting or related field of studies.
- 2 years for 1st Degree or 6 years for College Diploma
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Excellent team spirit & goal-oriented
- Good Knowledge of Data Base Management
- Good Knowledge of Accounting & Finance
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to provide efficient administrative services of a high standard
- Ability to maintain a good work relationship and keeping records up to date
- Skill in the use of computers and software applications related to the job
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by November 2, 2020, up to 5:00 PM , late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
** “ Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply **
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer