- Company: CARE Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Advisor- Financial Inclusion
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with the poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Date: August 14, 2019
Vacancy #: 068/19
Salary: USD 1,564
No of position: 1 (One)
Type of Employment: Regular
Duty base: Head Office/ Addis Ababa
Dead Line: 10 days from the date of advertisement
Objective: Advance, oversee, coordinate and provide overall technical and capacity building supports to CARE Ethiopia’s in the implementation of the Financial Inclusion strategy in general and VSLA initiatives in particular through the different program portfolios. Standardization, coordination and partnership building and strengthening underpins the need for this position.
The position holder will be responsible for:
Technical Leadership and Institutionalization:
– Offer technical support to CARE Ethiopia, government and financial institution staff on financial inclusion of Ethiopia’s population- resource poor and not reached by banks.
– In collaboration with the country office staff (to promote their own capacity building, ownership and sustainability), define and implement a technical assistance strategy guided by CARE’s Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) and Financial Inclusion strategies to support the country office in implementing large-scale VSLA and financial inclusion programs.
– Continuously monitor progress across the country office and oversee the country office’s efforts to review and tailor VSLA and linkage methodology for adoption in different local environments to accelerate its growth and replication.
Integrating VSLA Plus approach and QUALITY ASSURANCE
– Up hold the standardization of the VSLA methodology in all the VSLA projects through consistent and effective application and usage of VSLA specific systems and processes e.g. related to tools, communication, partnerships, training, institutional capacity building etc.
Training and Capacity Building:
– Ensuring all projects/program staff and partners are conversant with basic concepts and requirements of VSLA and CARE Ethiopia Financial Inclusion strategy through ongoing identification of gaps, training and capacity building of staff and partners in these areas.
– Coordinating the development of comprehensive projects/programmes Capacity Building Plans;
– Develop a localized version of the VSLA training manual for application across all projects.
– Apply standard set of CARE Ethiopia VSLA training materials including TOT guide and CF guide. Draw on localized version.
– Conduct demand-driven training for all relevant projects on the materials.
4. NETWORK AND ALLIANCE BUILDING
– Pro-actively engage with other organizations working in similar domains in order to learn from others and exchange experiences, lessons and good practices with them.
– In line with the financial inclusion strategy, provide technical support to facilitate linkages between VSLA groups, financial service providers (FSPs), and mobile network service providers (MNOs).
– Establishing and developing close working relationships with strategic partners such as FSPs, and MNOs ; drawing up MOUs as appropriate
– Participate/contribute to Regional Program Quality Group meetings and action plan and maintain close links with other PQL units and colleagues in the region;
5. Representing CARE
· Represent CARE in various public fora and events to raise awareness on CARE’s work for ensuring access to finance to the poor and mainly women and girls.
· Contribute to developing the overall CARE Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Financial Inclusion Strategy and meet donors as required to promote CARE’s financial inclusion/WEE work.
6. Supporting Learning Initiatives
· Develop learning agenda and coordinate for its exploration with relevant projects’ Financial Service Advisors, M&E Specialists, and the MIS Specialist.
7. Coordinating with Access Africa
· CARE Ethiopia collaborates with Access Africa; CARE’s signature program for financial inclusion in Africa, to take its financial inclusion agenda forward. S/he will work closely with the Access Africa team to ensure that both strategies are aligned and lessons are shared between the country office and Access Africa for wider dissemination and implementation.
Qualification: Master’s Degree in relevant fields: Finance, Business, International Development, Economics/Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Cooperative Development, or other relevant fields.
Experience: More than 5 years of experience working in the microfinance or microenterprise development sector, including VSLA approach and methodology, financial inclusion, and Women Economic Empowerment. Experience of staff supervision and collaboration and relationships building and management.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities in order to provide timely feedback and meet deadlines on an as-needed and/or urgent basis.
· High level of professionalism, including strict adherence to confidentiality.
· Strong customer service, negotiation, conflict resolution skills; flair for creative problem solving with ability to analyze, conceptualize, strategize individually and as part of a team.
· Results-oriented focus: keen drive and enthusiasm for delivering results.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Cultural sensitivity, empathy, ability to work under stress.
· Strong computer/word processing and spreadsheet skills, including data manipulation, as well as a willingness to learn computer software programs as required.
· An ability to work and lead a large group of diverse and committed individuals and frame them into a coordinated and cohesive team
· A willingness and ability to coach, mentor and otherwise promote the development of staff
· An ability to help others to plan and think strategically about their work and how financial inclusion integration will deepen impact of other sectors.
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) directly by e-mail to ETH.JobsHR@care.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying “Advisor- Financial Inclusion”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women