Job Description: Cleaner and Office Assistant
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Ethiopia is a registered foreign charity operating in the working areas of Rural Infrastructure, Natural Resources Management, Support to Civil Society Organizations and Local Government, Skill Development and Education, and Emergency Responses. See also http://www.helvetas.org .
HELVETAS Ethiopia is presently looking for motivated and competent professionals for the following position for “ UP-Women – Unleashing the Potential of Young Women ” in Sidama National Regional State.
Position: Cleaner & Office Assistant, Reporting to Finance & Admin Officer
Duty Station: Hawassa
· Messenger Service : Directs visitors to offices & Delivers letters, documents, from one office to another as requested.
· Cleaning Service : The Office Cleaner is responsible for cleaning offices, furniture and office equipment, and toilets every day and makes sure the cleanness is to the expected standard,
· Cleans and dusts office furniture and equipment, Washes curtains and towels and cleans lavatory, Dusts carpets and rugs manually or by using vacuum cleaner, Empties and cleans ashtrays and waste containers and remove rubbish, Cleans walls and windows, areas surrounding buildings such as paths and entrances, Ensures careful handling of office equipment and machines while cleaning,
· Requests the purchase all necessary items needed for cleanness of the office and toilets,
· Clean the guest houses, furniture, doors, windows, its glasses (FO);
· Support/Assistance : Provides assistance to the clerical aide, receptionist and Assists in moving materials between offices when requested
· Others : Prepares coffee and tea and serves them as necessary, Keeps custody of items like coffee/tea/sugar cups, utensils, etc;
· Undertakes any other duties relevant to the position as assigned
· EDUCATION/TRAINING: 10 th Grade complete or equivalent professional experience in a similar position. OR 12th Grade complete or 10+3 complete is much desired.
· EXPERIENCE: 1 year work experience in a similar position.
· TECHNICAL SKILLS : Ability to read, write and communicate in English language;
Proven integrity and good human relation and cleaning skills;
Responsible, trustworthy and reliable;
Physical fitness and willingness to work under pressure;
Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS.
Keen observation abilities and alertness.
· COMPETENCIES: Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, communication skill, customer focus, interpersonal skill, collaboration, and stress tolerance. Excellent social competencies: Positive attitude; sociable, supportive and cooperative; excellent communication skill; the ability to manage stress and meet expectations.
a. Contract duration : January 2021-December 2024
b. Duty Station: Hawassa.
c. Salary & benefits : As per the salary scale of each position and benefit packages for national staff (NPR 2018).
d. Closing date for applications : 25 th January 2021
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application & updated CV through [email protected] before/on 25 th of January/2021.
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Ethiopia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please make sure you write the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so will lead to application disqualify.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.