- Supervisory role to ensure effective operational delivery of cleaning services to clients.
- Cleaning supervisor oversee, train, and inspect the work of assigned room and floor staff, ensuring that all procedures are performed to the standards of the facility.
- They provide support where necessary to ensure premium clients get premium services.
- Managing and motivating a team of cleaning staff
- Conduct stock management of consumables and spares
- Ensure employees are properly trained and equipped to perform their role/duties
- Deploy and train staff on the use of latest cleaning technology while providing instructions and supervision where necessary
- Certify that equipment is safe to use and in good working condition
- Oversee all escalations/complains/cases and performance to resolve all related issues
- Supervise performance of cleaning team
- Conduct safety briefings and toolbox talks
- Collaborate with clients and cleaning team to ensure there are no problems on site
- Support in maintaining a highly trained and motivated staff that constantly strives for excellence in cleanliness and service delivery
- Proficiently clean clients’ facilities to meet both company and client standards
- Supervise all employee work on assigned site, to make sure it meets the company and client standards
- Have a conversation with clients regarding appointment time, and for the period of cleaning
- Drive to every location with the team along with supplies in official vehicle
- Make sure all keys/codes and payments are sent back to the office at the end of the day. Payments should be collected in a professional manner
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and show an example for other employees to emulate
- Make sure all employees follow company standards by constantly coaching and redirecting performance.
- Prepare sales invoices/ quotations and follow up to close sale
- Follow up project payment with account/finance department
- Conduct regular client satisfaction survey to understand client’s level of satisfaction with project delivery.
Cleaning Supervisor Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Education: Minimum 1st Degree
- Knowledge: Experience and solid knowledge concerning the use of cleaning equipment, and cleaning solutions and substances (COSHH)
- Managerial and supervisory experience, competent to monitor and check other staff’s work and deliver training or direction to new staff
- Physical dexterity: Must be agile and in good physical shape; ability to lift up to 25 lbs, stand for more than one hour, and bend at the waist and knees. The job entails constant walking, occasional sitting, and climbing stairs; and lifting and carrying 50 lbs+ materials
- License: Must possess a valid driver’s license; must have extensive knowledge of In-and-Out of Addis Ababa city.
- Detailed oriented: Have a mind for quality and accuracy; attentive and thorough
- Possess cash handling skills; strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills: Possess superb verbal and written communication skills (both Amharaic, English and other local Dialects)
- Have time management and multitasking skills
- Computer skills: Can work with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as a team with other people
- Must have excellent knowledge and clientele base of the cleaning business in Ethiopia
How to Apply