GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#062/2022’
The Driver will be based in Jijiga, responsible and ensures the satisfactory delivery of the required support contributes for the timely implementation of QEP activities. The candidate is fully responsible in supporting the program staffs in relation with logistic needs they requested to engage with government and non-government partners. The Driver also works with the programme management in Addis Ababa regarding the conduct of activities in Somali Region.
Duration of contract : 31.12.2023
Required Candidates : One
Responsibilities and Duties
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Safe and responsible driving of project/program vehicles;
- routine maintenance and care of project/program vehicles;
- follow-up on all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations;
- running official errands and assisting with other office services.
Within this context, s/he fulfils the following tasks:
1. Driving and chauffeuring
- Drives project/program vehicles safely and chauffeurs staff, official project/program visitors, and guests to official destinations
- Assists in the transport of project/program goods
2. Maintenance of cars
- Cleans the inside and outside of the project/program vehicle regularly
- Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km, whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Keeps vehicle logbook on a daily basis and registers each monthly check
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs
- Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any , even minor accidents, or any damages or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
3. Road Information
- Follows-up and carefully uses all available information to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations
- Exchanges this information with other drivers
4. General Duties
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner
- Up on request, perform as a guide to visitors
- Runs errands for the project/office e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, makes minor purchases of office supplies and makes frequent visits to the bank for the process of financial documents
- Accomplishes the “Trip Record Book” correctly and accurately
5. Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other colleagues in case of need, and does other office work as assigned
- Reports any incidents whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving licence entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive
- Assists in driving employees from other projects and counterparts, if and when required
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and tasks, as assigned
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties; if required. special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the GIZ programme management
- Secondary school.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- English language skills in speaking and ideally in writing
- At least 3 years of working experience as a driver with references
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patienc
Familiarity with area where project/program is situated
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘ Driver # 062 /2022’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”