Reports to : Logistic coordinator
Supervision of: None
Duty station: Dollo Ado and all Camps
Duration and type of contract: 5 Months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability . These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the positions to provide service support to the Area office programme . Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Drive NRC Ethiopia vehicles to give service to NRC staff as required and given schedule by the Logistics Officer.
- Always carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting driving and at the end of the day. (Battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water, Tire pressure/condition, etc.)
- Ensure the vehicle meets the maintenance schedule and should inform the Logistics Officer/Fleet In charge of any faults as they occur
- Maintain neat & accurate record of all journeys in the vehicle log book.
- Report immediately any damage or accident to the immediate supervisor/Head of Office /Logistics Coordinator in the Area Office following correct procedures in the case of the accident, incident or complaints.
- Secure that NRC vehicles with necessary documents and equipment
- must carry out a weekly vehicle check, and submit the Weekly Vehicle Check form to the Logistics Officer
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean and tidy always.
- Ensure that the vehicle is only used for NRC approved purposes.
- Keep and respect NRC driver rule and conduct.
- Respect traffic regulation as per the Road Transport and Traffic regulation.
- Responsible for the collection, storage, transport and final delivery of all goods in his/her vehicle.
- Ensure every passenger wears Safety Belt before start driving the vehicle.
- No mobile phones are to be answered when driving
- Driving style should suit local conditions, and should be careful and passive
- As a representative of NRC the driver is expected to dress and behave in a respectable manner at all times
- The driver should manage his/her time properly and report promptly to work. S/he should also ensure that s/he is adequately rested prior to long journeys
- Drivers requiring prescription glasses must wear these at all times when driving
- The driver should familiarize him/herself with the tools and equipment in the vehicle
- The driver should familiarize him/herself with the local area and planned journey route prior to departure, particularly any security issues to be aware of
- Carry out the daily vehicle check and inventory.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Experience from working as service support staff in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Valid driving licence
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in NGO environment.
- Certificate holder of grade 8 and above
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge:
- Complete adherence to all NRC Driver rules and conduct
- Drive NRC Ethiopia vehicles to give service
- Clear communication and supportive problem solving
- Some knowledge of English and fluent in local language
- Knows the area