Under the direct supervision of transport officer based at Jigjiga , the driver will work closely with the operation and program units to drive authorized vehicles for authorized purposes and closely keep the safety of the vehicle he/she drives, and be able to investigate minor vehicle problems.
The driver has the overall responsibility for Driving IRC’s vehicle as per IRC’s driving procedure and keeping the vehicle clean and in a very good condition.
- Driving IRC’s vehicle as per IRC’s vehicle procedure.
- Maintains and updated vehicle log sheet by filling in all required information properly and accurately.
- Coordinates with staff on their travel requirements.
- Reports promptly to the logistics department losses Malfunctions or accidents in writing immediately events occur.
- Keeps vehicles clean and in a very good condition. Cleaning of vehicles is the responsibility of drivers.
- Provide some mechanical services to the vehicle as required
- Takes delivery of goods, supplies, etc on behalf of IRC as required.
- Assists staff in translation
- Follow up the periodic service of the vehicle and full fill the necessary condition for the maintenance on time.
- Fill daily checklist and waiver if any.
- Keep IRC’s Safety procedure.
- 4/3 years of experience with high school graduate or TVET/Diploma
- And safe driving ability and strictly adhering to IRC’s driving and vehicle management as well as government regulations.
- NGO experience is a plus
- General Knowledge of Auto mechanics is desirable
- Good Off road and intra city driving skill
- Good Communication skill in both writing and Speaking English
- Able to pass IRC Driving test
- Able to speak Somali language