GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#084/2022’
The BMZ funded, and GIZ implemented “Sustainable Training and Education Program” (STEP) is supporting the Ethiopian Government with its reforms in Higher Education and Technical Vocational Education and Training/ TVET.
The Ethio-German Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP), co-financed by the European Union improves the employment prospects of young Ethiopian by promoting quality and relevance in vocational training and higher education also as part of the joint EU action Promotion of Sustainable Ethiopian Agro-industrial Development (PROSEAD), The objective is to increase decent employment and incomes for rural Ethiopians, particularly youth and women, in four environmentally sustainable agro-industrial parks and their agricultural production zones. To accomplish this, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with co-funding by the European Union (EU) has commissioned the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH to enhance the skills of youth and women in catchments of the Integrated Agro-Industrial Parks (IAIPs) in Dilla and Yirgalem.
Duration of contract : 31.12.2022 to be extended
Required Candidates : One
Responsibilities and Duties
The Driver is responsible for:
- Safe and responsible driving of the project/program vehicle and its passengers;
- Routine maintenance and care of project/program vehicles;
- Follow-up on all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations;
- Be always informed and updated about RMO guidelines about travel security and restrictions;
- Report to the RMO and Line manager of any issue and provide solutions;
- Running official errands and assisting with other office services.
- Facilitate logistics effort to support the project activities
Within this context, s/he fulfils the following tasks:
1. Driving and chauffeuring
- Drives project/program vehicles safely and chauffeurs staff, official project/program visitors, and guests to official destinations;
- Assists in the transport of project/program goods and materials.
2. Maintenance of cars
- Cleans the inside and outside of the project/program vehicle regularly;
- Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids daily; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition monthly or after 5000 km, whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Keeps vehicle log book on a daily basis and registers each monthly check;
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs;
- Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any , even minor accidents, or any damages or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
3. Road Information
- Follows-up and carefully uses all available information to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations
- Exchanges this information with other drivers and RMO
4. General Duties
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner;
- Upon request, perform as a guide to visitors;
- Runs errands for the project/office e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, makes minor purchases of office supplies and makes frequent visits to the bank for the process of financial documents;
- Ensure all car documents, including insurance are updated
- Completes the “Trip Record Book” correctly and accurately.
5. Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other colleagues in case of need, and does other office work as assigned
- Reports any incidents whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving licence entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive
- Assists in driving employees from other projects and counterparts, if and when required
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and tasks, as assigned
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties; if required. special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the GIZ programme management
- Secondary school.
- ·At least 5 years of working experience as a driver with references
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- English language skills in speaking and ideally in writing
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience
- Familiarity with area where project/program is situated
- Previous experience working for an international development organisation is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘ Driver # 84 /2022’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”