Position Title: Driver
Portfolio: Integrated Programs
Function: Integrated Field Implementation
Department: Regional Field Implementation
Division: Administration and Finance
Reporting To: Admin & Finance Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
Contract Term: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Duty Station: Ambo
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a Driver that ensure efficient, safe and proper movement of goods and people by driving assigned vehicle professionally
Key Result Areas:
- Transport service delivery (e.g. efficient, quality, courteous)
- Safety (e.g. safe driving, vehicle proper maintenance, driver capability)
- Compliance with laws (e.g. national driving laws)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive any vehicle assigned in a safe and professional manner as well as secure its cleanliness inside and outside at all times.
- Ensure validity of his/her driving licenses, annual inspection, insurance and any other required documentation of the assigned vehicle.
- Inform his/her supervisor of all vehicle movements when leaving the site and ensure that all vehicle movements are recorded on the vehicle log sheet.
- Submit a complete and accurate log sheets, receipts and other relevant documents within the given reporting period.
- Conduct standard checks every day before operating the vehicle and moreover ensure that the vehicle does not run out of fuel, oil or water.
- Follow-up and remind the supervisor at reasonable time in advance of scheduled maintenance work.
- Take responsibility for all tools, medical kits and any other equipment supplied with the vehicle.
- Report any security incident encountered or accident happened to his/her supervisor and to the police immediately.
- Assist passengers with loading, unloading, packing and transferring any material as requested.
- Adhere to national driving laws and PSI/E policies and procedures.
- Diploma / 10th Grade Completion and 3rd Grade Driving License with three years of experience as a driver
What would get us excited?
- Proficient in English and Amharic languages, both written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
- Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “ Application for Driver- Ambo Position ” in the subject line.
- Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline August 19, 2019 . We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.